Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Tries To Deny Her Role In Spreading Obama ‘Birther’ Rumors  (Read 329 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary Clinton Tries To Deny Her Role In Spreading Obama ‘Birther’ Rumors

Brian Anderson
September 23, 2015

Last week Hillary Clinton slammed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump for failing to correct a supporter who said President Obama is a Muslim born outside of the US. The hypocrisy is that back in 2008, Hillary’s own campaign started the rumors that put Obama’s birth and religion into question. CNN’s Don Lemon decided to ask Clinton directly if she was involved in creating the “birther” movement and predictably she gave a partial-truth denial.

On the Tom Joyner Morning Show Lemon posed the question to Clinton:

“Did you or your campaign start the whole birther thing and did you have any confrontation with the president?” asked Lemon.

“No, that is so ludicrous, Don. You know, honestly, I just believe that — first of all, it’s totally untrue. And secondly, you know, the president and I have never had any kind of confrontation like that,” replied Clinton.

Notice that she isn’t saying that it is ludicrous that she started the “birther” questions; just that she never had a confrontation with Obama over it. She’s only answering the second part of Lemon’s question so she can maintain plausible deniability if she ever has to explain this under oath.

She can’t or won’t deny that her campaign started the “birther” questions because it’s a documented fact. She can’t even point to a vast right-wing conspiracy against her because super-liberal Politico is the one that busted her. In Birtherism: Where It All Began we learn:

The answer lies in Democratic, not Republican politics, and in the bitter, exhausting spring of 2008. At the time, the Democratic presidential primary was slipping away from Hillary Clinton and some of her most passionate supporters grasped for something, anything that would deal a final reversal to Barack Obama.

That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship.

“Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,” asserted one chain email…

These “supporters” that Politico talks about are more accurately described as people working for Hillary’s campaign. It’s not like a Super PAC, that she can say she has no connection to, was behind this; it was her own people, meaning she is responsible for spreading the “rumors.”

Once again Hillary Clinton serves up a steaming pile of horseshit, but because of her deceptive use of language she can legitimately claim she didn’t lie: “I never said my camping didn’t spread the ‘birther’ questions, just that I never had a confrontation with Obama about it.” This is what’s known as a Clinton “technical truth.”

I don’t know why Hillary is running from her role in questioning Obama’s citizenship. It’s one of the few things to come out of her political career that people actually believe. She should embrace her moderate successes.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/hillary-clinton-tries-to-deny-her-role-in-spreading-obama-birther-rumors
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:03:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don’t know why Hillary is running from her role in questioning Obama’s citizenship. It’s one of the few things to come out of her political career that people actually believe. She should embrace her moderate successes.

Ha ha!  Like she could change lifelong habits and start becoming honest now?