Author Topic: Huckabee  (Read 680 times)

Offline libertybele

Huckabee
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:14:28 pm »
Anyone?  I'm a little confused with this.  I just received an e-mail from the Huckabee campaign asking for a donation because he needs money in order to "qualify" in South Carolina.  In other words if he doesn't qualify, he won't be on the ballot in South Carolina.  I thought before a candidate could announce their bid for the presidency, that they had to have already qualified in all 50 states.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Huckabee
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 06:32:37 pm »
I get emails from six of the candidates, not knowing how four of them (including Huckabee) got my e-mail address in the first place.   I open none of them. For one, you cannot be sure if it came from them, or the volunteers located nation wide.   If I'm going to donate to a candidate, I will do so directly from their web site.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 06:52:49 pm »
I get emails from six of the candidates, not knowing how four of them (including Huckabee) got my e-mail address in the first place.   I open none of them. For one, you cannot be sure if it came from them, or the volunteers located nation wide.   If I'm going to donate to a candidate, I will do so directly from their web site.

Yes, I thought about that as well. I don't know how they have my e-mail address especially since I have never donated to Huckabee.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 10:13:05 pm »
Ted Cruze, who I never gave my e-mail address to, just sent me an e-mail with the subject "dropping out", which got you to open it.   As I expected the email was asking for money

Since TWO of my fellow conservative candidates have been forced to drop out due to lack of funds, it is more urgent now than ever that I have your support blah, blah, blah..........
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 12:10:28 am »
Ted Cruze, who I never gave my e-mail address to, just sent me an e-mail with the subject "dropping out", which got you to open it.   As I expected the email was asking for money

Since TWO of my fellow conservative candidates have been forced to drop out due to lack of funds, it is more urgent now than ever that I have your support blah, blah, blah..........

Interesting.  I am a Cruz supporter and I didn't receive any e-mail today from him regarding candidates dropping out.  Not only that, but last month when the candidates had to report their financials.  Other than Bush, he had raised more hard cash than any other candidate.  I know he'll need more than the $50,000,000.00 he raised; but not too shabby.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:12:16 am by libertybele »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 12:57:17 am »
Interesting.  I am a Cruz supporter and I didn't receive any e-mail today from him regarding candidates dropping out.  Not only that, but last month when the candidates had to report their financials.  Other than Bush, he had raised more hard cash than any other candidate.  I know he'll need more than the $50,000,000.00 he raised; but not too shabby.

Yes, same here.  I'm on a lot of Cruz lists, but nothing today.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 01:47:01 am »
Yes, same here.  I'm on a lot of Cruz lists, but nothing today.

I doubt the majority of these are started by the candidate themselves, but by volunteers who do obtain  group-list of e-mails of known Republicans, which is pretty much common knowledge. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 01:50:25 am »
I doubt the majority of these are started by the candidate themselves, but by volunteers who do obtain  group-list of e-mails of known Republicans, which is pretty much common knowledge.

Yes, probably how it works.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 02:23:06 am »
It might be the actual campaign in this case, since both sanguine and 'belle didn't get one. They are already "on the books" as supporters, if you like.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink