Author Topic: How Much Does the Media Hate Ted Cruz?  (Read 4007 times)

rangerrebew

How Much Does the Media Hate Ted Cruz?
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:08:10 pm »
How Much Does the Media Hate Ted Cruz?

Posted By Michael Walsh On September 19, 2015 @ 1:10 pm In 2016,Politics | 24 Comments

Maybe the writer of this Politico piece was born yesterday, but I wasn’t. See if you can spot the smear:

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, who argued nine cases before the Supreme Court as solicitor general of Texas, declared on Friday almost every Democratic nominee to the high court has voted as a “radical leftist nutcase.”

And he said that half of Republican-appointed justices are “screaming trainwreck disasters,” specifically naming Earl Warren, the former chief justice who is best known for authoring the historic Brown v. Board of Education decision that outlawed segregation but who also earned conservatives ire for running an activist court. (Cruz supports the Brown v. Board decision.)

I know: easy. But if Shane Goldmacher had bothered to ask any conservative with vivid memories of the Warren court, the first thing they would recall would definitely not be Brown v. Board, which was decided unanimously. There is a great deal of conservative ire still directed at Earl Warren’s chief justiceship (“biggest damn fool mistake I ever made,” said Ike), but it has nothing to do with race relations. Rather, it has to do with the court’s liberal opinions concerning apportionment, the rights of criminal defendants (Miranda), the Griswold decision in a contraception case, which discovered a magical “right to privacy,” and, most notoriously, the outlawing of school prayer in Engel v. Vitale. Brown, I would venture to say, was the least controversial of the Warren court’s decisions.

But of course race is the only thing that matters nowadays, and everything must be seen through its baleful prism; if Ted Cruz slams the Warren court, it can only be because he hates black people.

Article printed from The PJ Tatler: http://pjmedia.com/tatler

URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/09/19/how-much-does-the-media-hate-ted-cruz/

Offline libertybele

Re: How Much Does the Media Hate Ted Cruz?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 01:37:05 pm »
Cruz is not only despised by the MSM but also by the GOPe. He is their worst nightmare. He is simply doing one thing.  He is actually telling the truth to the American people.  Government corruption is so prevalent that we are losing the foundation of our Republic and the premise of a two party system.  He has been successful in trying to reignite the promise of America through grassroots activism and speaking out against an establishment that no longer honors our Constitution and against all odds was elected to the Senate.   As he clearly pointed out during his address to the Senate regarding the lies of McConnell;  the voters during the mid term elections handed the GOP the majority and they have done nothing but cast an illusion of trying to do something and claim that their failure is because of the DEMS but the truth is we have GOP leadership and GOP membership siding with the left time and time again. Voters no longer believe the illusion and Cruz hopes to end this horse and pony show.

Whether he is able to survive the corruption of the "Washington cartel" as he calls it remains to be seen.  I am hopeful.

Ted Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:37:45 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »
Cruz is not only despised by the MSM but also by the GOPe. He is their worst nightmare. He is simply doing one thing.  He is actually telling the truth to the American people.  Government corruption is so prevalent that we are losing the foundation of our Republic and the premise of a two party system.  He has been successful in trying to reignite the promise of America through grassroots activism and speaking out against an establishment that no longer honors our Constitution and against all odds was elected to the Senate.   As he clearly pointed out during his address to the Senate regarding the lies of McConnell;  the voters during the mid term elections handed the GOP the majority and they have done nothing but cast an illusion of trying to do something and claim that their failure is because of the DEMS but the truth is we have GOP leadership and GOP membership siding with the left time and time again. Voters no longer believe the illusion and Cruz hopes to end this horse and pony show.

Whether he is able to survive the corruption of the "Washington cartel" as he calls it remains to be seen.  I am hopeful.

Ted Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America

I don't think he has a chance.  Voters don't often choose a senator and Cruz is a junior senator at that.  He might be a good VP selection or Attny. General.  From there he could go on to the presidency.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 03:14:23 pm »
I don't think he has a chance.  Voters don't often choose a senator and Cruz is a junior senator at that.  He might be a good VP selection or Attny. General.  From there he could go on to the presidency.

That's the problem.  Too often voters vote for who they think will win rather than voting for the best candidate.  At any rate, it's still early, and I think he has an excellent chance...he is ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT something that voters are drawn to right now.  He is polling around 4th or 5th depending on which poll you look at. With his background, education and experience he certainly is more qualified than the other outsiders; Trump, Carson and Fironia.

I'm not so sure I agree that people don't want to elect a senator.  Rubio has actually gained in the polls since the last debate.  As governors we have Bush, Huckabee, Walker and Kasich.  Walker is at the very bottom and Kasich isn't doing much better. The GOPe loves Bush and is still pushing for the Clinton Bush run off and hoping to continue  a "dynasty" deciding the fate of our country.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Godzilla

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 09:17:36 pm »
Cruz hasn't shown himself able to accomplish anything.

He's been able to gum up the function of government, most especially the requirement of Congress to fund the operations of the Federal government... but in the end, after all the sound and fury, he still failed and the government was funded.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:18:16 pm by Godzilla »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 01:43:50 am »

He's been able to gum up the function of government, most especially the requirement of Congress to fund the operations of the Federal government... but in the end, after all the sound and fury, he still failed and the government was funded.

Obviously you haven't done any research on him and listened to the leftist mental midgets and the GOPe.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 02:48:37 am »

YES he has!

He has accomplished doing in office EXACTLY what he said he would do while campaigning and that is a much bigger accomplishment than any other politician I've ever encountered!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Godzilla

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 03:37:14 am »
YES he has!

He has accomplished doing in office EXACTLY what he said he would do while campaigning and that is a much bigger accomplishment than any other politician I've ever encountered!

And what was that?  Doing everything possible to gum up Congress and still fail?

He's worse than McConnell, who has actually managed to do a few things.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 03:44:48 am »
And what was that?  Doing everything possible to gum up Congress and still fail?

McConnell is an Obama enabling surrender monkey.  Ted Cruz is a patriot.

Good night!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 05:19:23 am »
Oh but I must disagree. He has consistently whined and claimed conservatives to be victims.

And on that basis he has attracted a small but loud following, of those that consider those as "accomplishments."

His standing to date, proves he has FAILED to persuade others to move their support to him.

His appeal is simply too narrow.  I think his delivery is angry, argumentative, lacks warmth, rendering him as not a friendly or likeable person. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Paladin

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 05:26:11 am »
I think his delivery is angry, argumentative, lacks warmth, rendering him as not a friendly or likeable person.

Oh, golly, yes. What we need is a President who feels our pain and who will make us feel all warm and fuzzy at night or when there is a thunderstorm.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 06:25:40 am »

What does "gum up Congress" mean?  My reading of Senator Cruz gathers he is simply opposed to "business as usual" in congress.

Which is a good thing. Because, business as usual in congress only feeds an ever-expanding federal behemoth which benefits special interests and not personal liberty -- the right of ordinary Americans to be left alone to live their lives free of nanny government interference and confiscatory taxation.

In that regard, Cruz is a patriot of the highest order. Much as Donald Trump is, except that Trump is an outsider who's not allowed the media to define him as they've done with Cruz, and has a personality that caught on in the public's perception as a fighter that can win against establishment forces.

The difference between the two is Cruz is unquestionably smarter and more knowledgeable. I think Trump can win the nomination (and general), whereas Cruz has been too damaged by the media and cannot.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 01:41:11 pm »
Oh but I must disagree. He has consistently whined and claimed conservatives to be victims.

And on that basis he has attracted a small but loud following, of those that consider those as "accomplishments."

His standing to date, proves he has FAILED to persuade others to move their support to him.

His appeal is simply too narrow.  I think his delivery is angry, argumentative, lacks warmth, rendering him as not a friendly or likeable person.

Whining?  He stands up for conservatism and the CONSTITUTION.  If that is seen as whining, then I would love to hear him whine even more.  We need more whiners!! To me I see his delivery as warm, passionate, sincere and above all truthful.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 01:50:58 pm »
Even Ray Donovan couldn't "change the story" regarding Ted Cruz.

He should have adopted Trump's MO a couple of years ago.

The media 'killed' Ted.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 05:35:05 pm »
Whining?  He stands up for conservatism and the CONSTITUTION.  If that is seen as whining, then I would love to hear him whine even more.  We need more whiners!! To me I see his delivery as warm, passionate, sincere and above all truthful.
Blah, blah. Speechifying is not accomplishments.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »
Blah, blah. Speechifying is not accomplishments.

Taking a stand on the Constitution and facing the feckless hoards in Washington DC?

THAT is an accomplishment in Washington politics.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 06:22:08 pm »
Taking a stand on the Constitution and facing the feckless hoards in Washington DC?

THAT is an accomplishment in Washington politics.

Serving in the military is an accomplishment. Moving public opinion is an accomplishment.

Convincing fellow Senators to for for your measure is an accomplishment. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »
It is simply amazing to me that those who stand up for the Constitution are seen as the enemy by those who call themselves conservative.   :thud:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 06:33:15 pm »
It is simply amazing to me that those who stand up for the Constitution are seen as the enemy by those who call themselves conservative.   :thud:
Who said anything about enemy? Try to focus your responses on the actual words as written, not some conjured ideas from thin air.

I personally stand up for the constitution. I served in the military. A measurable event, or accomplishment. An action, or result, not mere words.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 07:10:02 pm »
Who said anything about enemy? Try to focus your responses on the actual words as written, not some conjured ideas from thin air.

I personally stand up for the constitution. I served in the military. A measurable event, or accomplishment. An action, or result, not mere words.

You've never liked Cruz. And it seems to some of us that you criticize Cruz just for the sake of criticizing him.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 07:31:28 pm »
You've never liked Cruz. And it seems to some of us that you criticize Cruz just for the sake of criticizing him.

It is not a question of "like." It is a question of his failure to attract greater, and greater numbers of voters and followers to his positions. He is from the narrow but loud faction. They hear each other shouting, and misjudge their overall impact and political power.

I am a realist. I am too old (and experienced) to fantasize. Did you miss the part of Trump, admittedly not a conservative, motivating, persuading, growing his influence and political power? I did NOT miss it.

That illustrate precisely the influence which Cruz has to date failed to demonstrate. So when I say his speechifying is not moving the polls, it has nothing to do with "liking" or "disliking." It has to do with reality.

If Cruz is the nominee, I will gladly vote for him.  I judge the probability of him gaining the nomination to be very near zero. If he gained the nomination I judge the probability of him defeating a democrat in the general to be zero.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 07:42:47 pm »
It is not a question of "like." It is a question of his failure to attract greater, and greater numbers of voters and followers to his positions. He is from the narrow but loud faction. They hear each other shouting, and misjudge their overall impact and political power.

I am a realist. I am too old (and experienced) to fantasize. Did you miss the part of Trump, admittedly not a conservative, motivating, persuading, growing his influence and political power? I did NOT miss it.

That illustrate precisely the influence which Cruz has to date failed to demonstrate. So when I say his speechifying is not moving the polls, it has nothing to do with "liking" or "disliking." It has to do with reality.

If Cruz is the nominee, I will gladly vote for him.  I judge the probability of him gaining the nomination to be very near zero. If he gained the nomination I judge the probability of him defeating a democrat in the general to be zero.

I can't disagree with your assessment of Cruz's chances of getting either nominated or miraculously nominated and elected.

But, would you agree that having Cruz's voice heard by a wide audience during this nominating process is a good thing for the GOP brand? I'm just trying to find where you're coming from. Sometimes it sounds like you don't like conservatives or their message.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 08:01:16 pm »
I can't disagree with your assessment of Cruz's chances of getting either nominated or miraculously nominated and elected.

But, would you agree that having Cruz's voice heard by a wide audience during this nominating process is a good thing for the GOP brand? I'm just trying to find where you're coming from. Sometimes it sounds like you don't like conservatives or their message.
What constitutes "conservatism" has changed over time. When I settled on conservatism as my flavor in the mid 70s we heard Reagan, Friedman, Kemp, and not far before had heard Goldwater.

The evangelicals had been largely Southern Democrats. Reagan won them over. I am NOT from the Southern evangelical branch of conservatism. I am from the modern Goldwater-Reagan libertarian branch, which aligns with my geographic orientation as well. California is often ten plus years ahead of the nation at large, like it or not. I am not making that so, but I accept that it is so.

During my lifetime the Republican-conservative brand has often been self-destructive and dysfunctional. Example: Suthron evangelicals hate Mormons. Yet Mormons are the best voting block which Republicans-conservative forces have, hands down.

Chambers of Commerce represent the companies which employee millions, yet the "in vogue" idea for "conservatives" is to be against the C Of C. Again, self-destructive and dysfunctional.

I am NOT against conservatives or conservatism. I AM against forces which I think are harmful, counter-productive, etc.

Another: Both California and Texas host populations where about 37% self-identify as "Hispanic."

For Republican candidates to be disrespectful towards and about those people, is counter-productive. The idea we will get away with it one more time, in view of demographic changes, is foolhardy.

At the 1992 Republican convention, Pat Buchanan gave a speech in which he was very disrespectful of Hispanics. I disagree with his type of "conservatism," and believe it has been harmful of Republican prospects.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 08:05:59 pm »

Really?  It's amazing how he defeated incredible odds and became Senator; you should really read the story. My estimation of a GOPe candidate becoming the nominee is slim to none and the odds of the GOPe defeating a DEM = 0

Offline nehemiah

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 08:16:51 pm »
2016 is a "Do or Die" year I believe.  If it were a football game, we would be throwing a "bomb" instead of handing the ball to the running back like we did the last two cycles.  I think we do need to put up the most conservative, God-fearing, pro-Israel candidate we have.  My first choice is Ted Cruz (he meets the criteria best).  Second would be Carly Fiorina because she will fight (and she already is doing this, probably more than any other candidate).  This is no time for Jeb or Kasich.