Author Topic: Sarah Palin says arrest of clock-making whiz-kid Ahmed Mohamed was justified  (Read 812 times)

Godzilla

http://mobile.news.com.au/technology/innovation/sarah-palin-says-arrest-of-clock-making-whiz-kid-ahmed-mohamed-was-justified/story-fnjwucti-1227535771535

Outspoken former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has taken aim at the boy arrested and suspended for taking a homemade clock to school, saying the school was justified for thinking it could have been a bomb.

Year nine student and aspiring engineer Ahmed Mohamed became the most talked-about kid in America this week after he was arrested at his Texas school for bringing in a clock he’d built by himself.

While charges against Ahmed have been dropped, his arrest drew the attention of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, NASA engineers and even US President Barack Obama, who invited the youngster to the White House.

In a rant on Facebook, Ms Palin said Ahmed’s arrest was completely reasonable and school officials were justified for thinking the device, make out of a pencil box, was an explosive.

“Yep, believing that’s a clock in a school pencil box is like believing Barack Obama is ruling over the most transparent administration in history,” she wrote, also sharing pictures of her kids’ pencil boxes.

“Right. That’s a clock, and I’m the Queen of England.”

<snip>

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
She didn't say the arrest was justified. She said they were justified in thinking it was a bomb but also said: "The police made a mistake, clearly. But why put more people against them? Why egg it on?"

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Here is a test. Would the Secret Service allow him to bring this 'clock' into the White House?

bkepley

She didn't say the arrest was justified. She said they were justified in thinking it was a bomb but also said: "The police made a mistake, clearly. But why put more people against them? Why egg it on?"

It was a bone-headed mistake but liberals are doing their normal play-it-up-to-the-hilt baiting.

Godzilla

It was a bone-headed mistake but liberals are doing their normal play-it-up-to-the-hilt baiting.

This.

And we've got enough idiots who love to bite.  Carson stuck his foot in his mouth with it.

:facepalm2:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:52:22 pm by Godzilla »

Offline mountaineer

Here is a test. Would the Secret Service allow him to bring this 'clock' into the White House?
I suppose the TSA would have permitted it on an airplane, though, his being Muslim and all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Godzilla

I suppose the TSA would have permitted it on an airplane, though, his being Muslim and all.

No, they take clocks out of luggage.  I PCSed to Korea and packed an alarm clock in my carry-on luggage.  When I arrived, the clock was gone and a letter from the TSA was in my luggage.

bkepley

This.

And we've got enough idiots who love to bite.  Carson stuck his foot in his mouth with it.

:facepalm2:

I would have expected a more intelligent answer from Carson even if he added some caution about radical Islam.  It's almost as if he was trying to pander to the lowest elements of the Trump supporters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In all honesty if I saw this clock in a briefcase--I'd be dialing 911, and fast.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Sarah Palin says arrest of clock-making whiz-kid Ahmed Mohamed was justified
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:08 pm »
No, they take clocks out of luggage.  I PCSed to Korea and packed an alarm clock in my carry-on luggage.  When I arrived, the clock was gone and a letter from the TSA was in my luggage.
Interesting. My husband usually takes a little battery-operated alarm clock when we travel, and (thankfully) it hasn't been seized. Did you ever get your clock back?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Godzilla

Re: Sarah Palin says arrest of clock-making whiz-kid Ahmed Mohamed was justified
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 07:25:39 pm »
Interesting. My husband usually takes a little battery-operated alarm clock when we travel, and (thankfully) it hasn't been seized. Did you ever get your clock back?

No.  I had to head downtown and get one from a home-goods store.  (I had brought one as I'm a pretty deep sleeper and a wake-up call, or the hotel alarm, doesn't usually wake me up.)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:29:00 pm by Godzilla »