Author Topic: Protesters demonstrate during Donald Trump's 'free health care for veterans' rally  (Read 322 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Autoplaying video at link.

Republican US presidential hopeful Donald Trump on Tuesday vowed to offer veterans free private health care.

He claimed that illegal immigrants in the US receive better care than the nation's wounded soldiers.

He delivered the speech aboard a retired World War II battleship in Los Angeles harbour, ahead of the second Republican presidential debate in nearby Simi Valley.

The Republican front-runner gave no details on how he would pay for an expansion in the armed forces - or veterans' health care - leaving his foreign policy agenda still mostly a blank slate.

He said: "Right now, and you know it, we have illegal immigrants that are treated better, by far, than our veterans.

"That's not going to happen anymore. That's not going to happen."

Donald Trump speaks to an audience onboard retired World War Two warship [Brian Cahn/REX Shuttershock]

Trump also criticised the recent nuclear deal signed with Iran.

Meanwhile nearby in San Pedro protesters gathered to demonstrate against Trump's presidential campaign, calling him unqualified and divisive.

Jorge Maldonado, Iraq veteran and student said: "I don't think he's good enough to lead this country. I think he's more of a divider than he is a unifier for this country."

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/donald-trump/11867854/Protesters-demonstrate-during-Donald-Trumps-free-health-care-for-veterans-rally.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink