Author Topic: Kenya police 'murdering terror suspects' as they battle menace of al-Shabaab Islamist group  (Read 283 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Kenya’s security forces, including a police anti-terror unit which receives funding from Britain and the US, have abducted and murdered scores of terror suspects in recent months, activists and relatives of those missing have told The Independent.

According to chilling accounts backed up by a report by the Kenya National Commission of Human Rights (KNHCR), some of those arrested have been found dead, their bodies dumped in shallow graves to be devoured by wild animals. Others have vanished into the bowels of the security agencies, their families unable to establish their whereabouts. The Kenyan government stepped up its campaign against suspected members of al-Shabaab, the Somali Islamist group, after it killed 148 people, mainly students, in an attack on a north-eastern university in April, the group’s deadliest assault on Kenyan soil so far. But far from stamping out terrorism, human rights groups say, the “illegal” methods aimed at subduing Kenya’s Muslim and Somali communities are pushing more young men into al-Shabaab’s embrace.

“Using the defence that they are fighting terrorism, the security forces are taking the law into their own hands,” said Abdikadir Ore, an opposition MP from the north-eastern Wajir province, who is campaigning for an investigation into the disappearances. Activists conservatively suggest that at least 200 people have vanished since April.

Omar Yusuf went missing in February Omar Yusuf went missing in February Among them is Omar Yussuf, 32, a taxi driver, who on an April evening was enjoying a drink with friends in Mandera, a border town in northern Kenya, days after he and his wife had celebrated the birth of their first son. Plain clothes police officers, who were recognised by witnesses, arrested him. He has neither been seen nor heard from since. “I don’t know if he is still alive, or if they have already killed him,” said his brother Adan Yussuf, 24, from Nairobi’s predominantly Somali suburb of Eastleigh.

Read more: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/kenya-police-murdering-terror-suspects-as-they-battle-menace-of-alshabaab-islamist-group-10502641.html

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised. Kenyans HATE Muslim terrorists with a vindictive passion you really have to see to believe. They took the US Embassy bombing as a personal affront and a national disgrace.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

I doubt al-Shabaab was much concerned about it's terror victims "due process" when they beheaded those Somali brothers for spying.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Reminds me a lot of Hell (Rwanda, you know it as, a blot on the map and a blot on humanity for a short time).

There is only one real way to deal with terrorists. Be better at it than they are. The Kenyans took that lesson to heart. The Nigerians didn't - they're a much gentler people.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like the Kenyans don't fool around when it comes to islam.

Sounds like they actually have a chance...