Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn branded 'disloyal' after refusing to sing national anthem on day of shambles for new Labour leader  (Read 473 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11867337/Jeremy-Corbyn-disloyal-national-anthem-Labour-leader.html

Jeremy Corbyn was on Tuesday branded “disloyal” for refusing to sing the national anthem on a day of chaos which saw one of his shadow cabinet ministers threaten to resign over the European Union.

The new Labour leader faced heavy criticism for standing in silence while God Save the Queen was played during a Battle of Britain remembrance ceremony at St Paul’s Cathedral attended by the Prime Minister, Defence Secretary and scores of military leaders.

Former military commanders as well as Labour and Tory MPs said he was “dishonourable” for refusing to sing the national anthem.

Mr Corbyn later insisted that he “stood in respectful silence” during the remembrance ceremony.

Hey EC....what is your take on this guy? Also what is  Trident? It says in his bio he wants to abolish it?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:31:00 pm by flowers »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not going to call him evil incarnate - he's not - but he's about the most communist Labour leader we've had since before WW2. Makes Bernie Saunders look like Cruz. I detest him and all he stands for.  :laugh:

Trident is our nuclear deterrent. Submarine based rather than land based - we don't really have room for launchers - and something the Left hates. They have nearly managed to succeed in scrapping our nukes twice now - three times if you count the sudden panic of the real possibility that Scotland would have gone independent last year (ALL our nuclear sub bases are in Scotland - a very hypocritical patronage plum doled out by a Labour government to bribe the voters despite their opposition to the UK being a nuclear power).

Edit - forgot to mention, he's a staunch republican (in the political sense). As someone who has made a personal oath to the Crown, something I find both off-putting and revolting.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:49:04 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

bkepley

Not going to call him evil incarnate - he's not - but he's about the most communist Labour leader we've had since before WW2. Makes Bernie Saunders look like Cruz. I detest him and all he stands for.  :laugh:

Trident is our nuclear deterrent. Submarine based rather than land based - we don't really have room for launchers - and something the Left hates. They have nearly managed to succeed in scrapping our nukes twice now - three times if you count the sudden panic of the real possibility that Scotland would have gone independent last year (ALL our nuclear sub bases are in Scotland - a very hypocritical patronage plum doled out by a Labour government to bribe the voters despite their opposition to the UK being a nuclear power).

EC I didn't know you were British.  Is that what I gather?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

bkepley

Yep :)

I am a history buff stuck for a long time now on the British Empire.  So much to admire and so many admirable people.  Right now I'm kinda an anglophile. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
We're an odd bunch!  :laugh:

Admirable - in a way, sure. Rather aggressive (posted a world map once - there are something like 5 countries the UK hasn't been at war with at some stage!) a bit reserved - and, of course, most of all, lucky.

Offline Paladin

Corbyn failed to show proper respect for your national anthem? Fancy that.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.