Author Topic: Conservative group to target Trump in TV ads  (Read 436 times)

bkepley

Conservative group to target Trump in TV ads
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »
Reuters

One of Washington's most influential conservative advocacy groups will take aim at Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on the airwaves in the early voting state of Iowa.

Club for Growth Action, a Super PAC that is permitted to spend unlimited amounts of campaign money, said on Tuesday it is buying $1 million worth of attack ads that describe the New York real estate mogul as too liberal and backing policies that are contrary to conservative principles.

Trump has skyrocketed to the top of the field of Republicans vying to represent the party in the November 2016 election. He is leading in polls nationally and in the early voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire, which have outsized influence on the process.

"It's important, I think, for the ads to show people, 'Watch what he's doing.' He's playing them for chumps," Club for Growth President David McIntosh said. "I think the American people are wiser than that. They'll get it."

More here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/15/usa-election-club-idUSL1N11L13U20150915

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Conservative group to target Trump in TV ads
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 04:56:47 pm »
Trump will Lump them in with Will, Rove and direct his followers to trust his judgment to do the right thing.

And they will. The political center-right are so desperate to be heard and to win.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 05:50:58 pm »
The Club for Growth runs the risk of getting the opposite of their intended aim: a lot of pissed off people digging their heels in.

But, I guess desperate times (for the establishment right) call for desperate measures.

bkepley

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »
The Club for Growth runs the risk of getting the opposite of their intended aim: a lot of pissed off people digging their heels in.

But, I guess desperate times (for the establishment right) call for desperate measures.

Club for Growth used to be considered the radicals funding outsiders against the establishment.  Now that they oppose Trump I suppose they will be considered GOPeRINO.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 06:11:55 pm »
Club for Growth used to be considered the radicals funding outsiders against the establishment.  Now that they oppose Trump I suppose they will be considered GOPeRINO.

There are differences between what grass root folks want out of life and what a Washington DC lobbying group wants.

People can vote a candidate in or out. And with the ballot voters can hold that politician personally responsible. How can you, bkepley, hold Club for Growth responsible for their actions? The answer is you can't.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 06:42:33 pm »
I think this is jumping the shark and tactically stupid. This plays right into GOPe hands by attacking Jeb's biggest threat.

Sometimes I wonder if there are any conservatives beyond Ted Cruz that play chess and do something other than emotional kneejerk reactions.
The Republic is lost.

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 06:45:51 pm »
There are differences between what grass root folks want out of life and what a Washington DC lobbying group wants.

People can vote a candidate in or out. And with the ballot voters can hold that politician personally responsible. How can you, bkepley, hold Club for Growth responsible for their actions?

By withholding my support.  I actually was a contributor at one time.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 06:46:58 pm »
A Super PAC for Carly, did a fantastic ad "Look at this Face" which was the perfect comeback to Donald Trump's sexist insults at her, and more importantly the ad jabs Democrats in general.    Expect more of the same from Super PACS from her and the other candidates.  Time to grab the popcorn and watch the fun.     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODfUOnw2x0g
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 06:56:06 pm »
I think this is jumping the shark and tactically stupid. This plays right into GOPe hands by attacking Jeb's biggest threat.

Sometimes I wonder if there are any conservatives beyond Ted Cruz that play chess and do something other than emotional kneejerk reactions.
You and I probably disagree often, but I get the feeling we would agree that as I call it "contemporary conservatism" is not at the top of their game?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln