Author Topic: Rep. Hank Johnson Defends Planned Parenthood But Hasn’t ‘Even Seen’ Videos  (Read 271 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Hank Johnson Defends Planned Parenthood But Hasn’t ‘Even Seen’ Videos

Congressman Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) called last week’s hearing in the House Judiciary Committee on Planned Parenthood a “show trial” examining edited videos, but then admitted he’s “not seen the edited videos.”

The committee hearing titled "Examining the Horrific Abortion Practices at the Nation's Largest Abortion Provider" featured testimony from attorney James Bopp of National Right to Life on the series of undercover videos released by the Center for Medical Progress.

“You were not involved and you were not present at the time these videos were being shot, were you?” Johnson asked Bopp.

“No,” Bopp replied.

“You haven’t seen these videos in their unedited entirety, have you?”

“No.”

Johnson continued, “You want this committee to accept your opinions about some edited videos that you – you – this is a show trial.”

“I’m testifying based upon the videos,” Bopp replied.

“So you’re not testifying on unedited videos, you’re testifying based on edited videos.”

“Just for my clarity, has the gentlemen seen all the unedited videos himself?” Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) asked.

“No, I have not,” Johnson replied as laughter can be heard in the room.

“But of course he’s still trashing them,” Bopp said.

“I’ve not even seen the edited videos,” Johnson added.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/rep-hank-johnson-defends-planned-parenthood-hasnt-even-seen-videos