Author Topic: Poll: Sharp erosion in Clinton support among Democratic women  (Read 703 times)

Offline flowers

Poll: Sharp erosion in Clinton support among Democratic women
« on: September 14, 2015, 05:54:05 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-sharp-erosion-in-clinton-support-among-democratic-women/2015/09/14/6406e2a0-58c3-11e5-b8c9-944725fcd3b9_story.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Hillary Rodham Clinton is suffering rapid erosion of support among Democratic women — the voters long presumed to be her bedrock in her bid to become the nation’s first female president.

The numbers in a new Washington Post-ABC News poll are an alarm siren: Where 71 percent of Democratic-leaning female voters said in July that they expected to vote for Clinton, only 42 percent do now, a drop of 29 percentage points in eight weeks.

The period since the last survey coincides with the news that the FBI is looking into the security of e-mails sent over a private server Clinton used when she was secretary of state, as well as an intense media focus on her response to the controversy. The episode has raised questions about her judgment and revived memories of the scandals that plagued the presidency of her husband, Bill Clinton, in the 1990s.

[ 2016 primaries, political dysfunction and Obama ]

The steep decline among women, sharpest among whites, is the main force driving the poll’s overall numbers, which show support for Hillary Clinton falling from 63 percent in July to 42 percent now. Her numbers among women have declined to the point where they are about even with her share among men.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Poll: Sharp erosion in Clinton support among Democratic women
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 06:11:17 pm »
How do you spell hemorrhage?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 01:29:56 am »
Meanwhile, front-runner Bernie Sanders is tellin' his supporters that America was founded on racism.

Where have you gone, Joseph Biden
A party turns its lonely eyes to you
Wooo ooo ooo;
What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson?
Gaffin' Joe has left and gone away
Hey hey hey,
Hey hey hey....

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 03:42:54 am »
Anyone else besides me actually looking forward to the Democrat debate?   I can't remember ever watching one in its entirety, but this one should be profoundly entertaining.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 06:32:54 am »
Anyone else besides me actually looking forward to the Democrat debate?   I can't remember ever watching one in its entirety, but this one should be profoundly entertaining.
I'm taking suggestions on when to drink...like "war on women" or "income inequality."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:53:01 am by Once-Ler »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 11:30:54 am »
I'm taking suggestions on when to drink...like "war on women" or "income inequality."

Isn't it astounding how messed up democrat party philosophy is -- if I can generously call it a philosophy.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 04:36:41 pm »
Good grief...people would pass out by the 2nd or 3rd question.