Author Topic: Obama's Syrian Nightmare....Roger Cohen  (Read 261 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama's Syrian Nightmare....Roger Cohen
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:17:57 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/opinion/roger-cohen-obamas-syrian-nightmare.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=1

Obama's Syrian Nightmare

SEPT. 10, 2015

Syria will be the biggest blot on the Obama presidency, a debacle of staggering proportions. For more than four years now, the war has festered. A country has been destroyed, four million Syrians are refugees, Islamic State has moved into the vacuum and President Bashar al-Assad still drops barrel bombs whose shrapnel and chlorine rip women and children to shreds.

For a long time, those who fled waited in the neighborhood. They wanted to go home. They filled camps in Turkey and Jordan and Lebanon. When it became clear even to them that “home” no longer existed, nothing could stop them in their desperate flight toward the perceived security of Europe. The refugee crisis is the chronicle of a disaster foretold.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama's Syrian Nightmare....Roger Cohen
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:38:34 pm »

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:39:25 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 01:48:36 pm »
The New York Times has been reading the tea leaves lately. I think I see pigs flying.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:02:54 pm »
Nightmare or planned?