Author Topic: Abortion Survivor: ‘Is My Life Less Valuable Due to My Cerebral Palsy?  (Read 333 times)

rangerrebew

Abortion Survivor: ‘Is My Life Less Valuable Due to My Cerebral Palsy?

(CNSNews.com) – Abortion survivor Gianna Jessen told the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday that after surviving a late-term saline abortion, she was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, a condition she calls “a tremendous gift.”

“I would ask Planned Parenthood the following questions: If abortion is about women’s rights, then what were mine? You continuously use the argument, ‘If the baby is disabled, we need to terminate the pregnancy,’ as if you can determine the quality of someone’s life. Is my life less valuable due to my Cerebral Palsy?” Jessen asked.

Jessen testified during a hearing [1] titled, “Planned Parenthood Exposed: Examining the Horrific Abortion Practices at the Nation’s Largest Abortion Provider,” which was called in reaction to a series of recent undercover videos by the Center for Medical Progress, which showed Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of unborn baby body parts.

“Instead of dying, after 18 hours of being burned in my mother’s womb, I was delivered alive in an abortion clinic in Los Angeles on April the 6th, 1977. My medical records state: ‘Born alive during saline abortion’ at 6 am,” Jessen said.

“Thankfully, the abortionist was not at work yet. Had he been there, he would have ended my life with strangulation, suffocation, or leaving me there to die. Instead, a nurse called an ambulance, and I was rushed to a hospital. Doctors did not expect me to live. I did,” she said, adding that she was placed in foster care and later adopted.

Jessen was later diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, “which was caused by a lack of oxygen to my brain while surviving the abortion. I was never supposed to hold my head up or walk. I do, and cerebral palsy, ladies and gentlemen, is a tremendous gift to me,” she said.

“Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, said the following: ‘The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it,’” Jessen noted.

“Planned Parenthood is not ashamed of what they have done or continue to do. But we will have to give an account as a nation, before God, for our apathy and for the murder of over 50 million children in the womb,” she said.

“Every time we falter in courage as individuals and fail to confront this evil, I wonder how many lives have been lost in our silence, while we make sure we are lauded among men and do not offend anyone? How many children have died, and been dismembered, and their parts sold, for our ego, our convenience, and our promiscuity?” Jessen asked.

“How many Lamborghini’s were purchased with the blood of innocent children? The blood that cries to the Lord from the ground, like that of the blood of Abel. Not one of them is forgotten by Him,” she said.

“Planned Parenthood uses deception, the manipulation of language and slogans, such as ‘a woman’s right to choose,’ to achieve their monetary aims,” Jessen said.

Jessen said it is “absolutely false” that if Planned Parenthood were defunded there would be a women’s health crisis, because pregnancy resources centers nationwide provide free and confidential services and can be reached by texting: HELPLINE to 313131.

“There is access to vital exams for women other than Planned Parenthood. We are not a nation without options,” she said.

“Planned Parenthood receives $500 million dollars of taxpayer money a year, to primarily destroy and dismember babies. Do not tell me these are not children. A heartbeat proves that. So does 4-d ultrasound. So do I, and so does the fact that they are selling human organs for profit. Do not tell me this is only a woman’s issue. It takes both a man and a woman to create a child,” said Jessen.

“And to that point I wish to speak to the men listening to me: You are made for greatness, not passivity. You were born to defend women and children. Not use and abandon us, nor sit idly by while you know we are being harmed. I am asking you to be brave,” she added.

“In conclusion, let me say, I am alive because of the Power of Jesus Christ alone. In Whom I live, move, and have my being. Without Him I would have nothing; with Him, I have all,” concluded Jessen.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/abortion-survivor-my-life-less-valuable-due-my-cerebral-palsy