Author Topic: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'  (Read 18577 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
OK, ladies. Have any of you ever said anything crude--in a private moment--about men?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 02:12:31 pm »
Well, then. Let's all get huffy about the un-politically correct, Donald Trump.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »
Why?

The idiot insulted someone's appearance. He gets same in return.
It's called being appropriate - something His Hairness needs to learn.

Do you think it hurts him?  He feeds off of publicity - good and bad.  Why do you think he wears his hair like that?  He's got enough money to have the best, most stylish hair on earth.  It's his gimmick.  He understands marketing and he understands how to get PR.  He laughs at people that make fun of his hair.  I don't like what he said either, but it is what we have come to expect from him.  It isn't hurting his numbers yet.

It is frightening that people are so antagonistic toward our current government that they will grab onto anything to keep from hitting the ground below.  My God - we've already gone over the cliff - the only hope is to grab onto anything and try to climb back up.  That's how bad it is.

These oh so polite and classy cocktail party life-career politicians have destroyed our country!  We're going to keep electing them again?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 02:19:45 pm »
Unbelievable.   :thud:

Excuse me? What's unbelievable?

You're not going to fall back on that sanctimonious "I've never" routine. Are you?

But, by all means, let's make sure our politicians are not prone to human frailty--like the rest of us.

Talk about unbelievable.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 02:22:40 pm »
Check the details of this "event." He wasn't saying this "on air." He and the reporter were watching Fiorina on TV and Trump was making typical male patter.

This should be good for at least a couple points bump in the polls.

Remember, Trump is positioning himself as the "un" PC candidate.

The reporter was from that high regard masterpiece for the Lo info crowd " Rolling Stone". These Trump haters are a desperate lot looking for anything thing to trash him and they continue to LOSE. They are good at that . The real gotcha one is they call him a bully! They are so use to Caving on anything that when someone fights back they are a Bully. Luv it! I guess the metro male attitude has gotten into RINO and in some cases Conservative politics? :silly:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 02:26:49 pm »
The reporter was from that high regard masterpiece for the Lo info crowd " Rolling Stone". These Trump haters are a desperate lot looking for anything thing to trash him and they continue to LOSE. They are good at that . The real gotcha one is they call him a bully! They are so use to Caving on anything that when someone fights back they are a Bully. Luv it! I guess the metro male attitude has gotten into RINO and in some cases Conservative politics? :silly:

You know, Longiron, at first I had some trouble understanding your posts, all those question marks. But, you do get it. Kudos, dude!

bkepley

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 02:29:15 pm »

You're not going to fall back on that sanctimonious "I've never" routine. Are you?

But, by all means, let's make sure our politicians are not prone to human frailty--like the rest of us.

Talk about unbelievable.

Human stupidity you mean.  Only an idiot says such things except in a very private setting. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 02:38:45 pm »
Human stupidity you mean.  Only an idiot says such things except in a very private setting.

I'm sorry, but, someone who has his name at the top of skyscrapers in countries all across the globe is not an idiot. Your remark is therefor summarily dismissed as lacking common sense.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 02:39:27 pm »
All of these horrified people should be asking themselves, "how did we ever get to this place?"  How can a person that speaks in such a way even BE in the race?  At this point in time?  Why are so many people in the Republican party following Donald Trump rather than the other very qualified, although conventional, candidates?

Why are there so many voters very angry with the Republican party?  Can any of you honestly say that the party has honestly and earnestly tried to represent their people and do what's best for the country - and they haven't let self-preservation be their guiding light?  That they haven't done this time and time again?

Why are you not so horrified about that?  And do you really think they will do differently this time around?  Do you enjoy being sold down that river time and time again?

They may speak politely, but most of the time, they are lying.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »
Of course, in a private moment, I've never said anything crude about women. You?

Not when I was running for freaking President, no.

If he honestly expects there to be such a thing as a "private moment" between throwing his hat into the ring and flaming out (or being sworn in), he's so far beyond stupid he makes the Worm look like Einstein.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »

Talk about unbelievable.

The rush of the establishment types to jump on any little thing in an effort to damage Trump is fascinating.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 02:41:58 pm »
All of these horrified people should be asking themselves, "how did we ever get to this place?"  How can a person that speaks in such a way even BE in the race?  At this point in time?  Why are so many people in the Republican party following Donald Trump rather than the other very qualified, although conventional, candidates?

Why are there so many voters very angry with the Republican party?  Can any of you honestly say that the party has honestly and earnestly tried to represent their people and do what's best for the country - and they haven't let self-preservation be their guiding light?  That they haven't done this time and time again?

Why are you not so horrified about that?  And do you really think they will do differently this time around?  Do you enjoy being sold down that river time and time again?

Damn, alice, you totally get it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 02:44:31 pm »
That would fulfill your fantasy, wouldn't it? The fake presidential candidate and the fake newscaster.

Perfect encapsulation of 21st century America.

I don't recall you using that term with the current fraud in the White House.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 02:46:03 pm »

You've identified the essence of all this. Trump is a horribly flawed candidate but presents something that looks like candor. There is a slim chance that Trump will actually do what he says. Vote for any of the "traditional" candidates, and it's likely we'll get more of what we've been getting, incompetence and betrayal.

The GOP is unwilling and/or unable to bring themselves to admit that they created the environment that is perfect for Donald Trump to prosper.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 02:50:34 pm »

Let's start with PC, polite and 100% liars, McCain, Dole, Mittens, Rubio, Bushie, Christie, Hillary and #  1 Obama. You get the point and ALL losers but they speak well and lie like hell.  **nononono*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 03:01:29 pm »
Not when I was running for freaking President, no.

If he honestly expects there to be such a thing as a "private moment" between throwing his hat into the ring and flaming out (or being sworn in), he's so far beyond stupid he makes the Worm look like Einstein.

I sense a deep difference of opinion here.

In my opinion, the politics-as-usual kabuki show includes not only Obama, Clinton and Jeb, but also Christie, Kasich, Grahamperrygilmorepataki. Of course, your mileage may vary.

You may be right, though. Pretending may be the best tact when running for president.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:14:08 pm by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2015, 03:06:06 pm »

Ditto. Are we really so desperate for a fighter that we are willing to settle for a bully?

Apparently some are...

Not me.

I want a President.

Not the Jr High boy that no one liked except himself........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2015, 03:07:38 pm »
OK, ladies. Have any of you ever said anything crude--in a private moment--about men?

No.

I don't do crude.

(And he's running for President, and the comment was about another candidate, so I would hardly call it 'private').

Bad behavior is not acceptable just because it's 'our guy.'
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2015, 03:20:01 pm »
http://blog.sfgate.com/abraham/2010/06/10/carly-fiorina-blasts-barbara-boxers-hair-and-meg-whitman-on-hot-mic/

It would seem Jemima Cricket (doesn't Carly have a strong resemblance to Jiminy Cricket?) isn't so innocent.
And yeah, two wrongs don't make a right but they sure do make a whole lotta truth!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 03:22:00 pm »
We already have an adolescent in the White House. Do we need another?

Perhaps not.  But I'm gaining an appreciation for the expression, " We get what we deserve."

I fear we might.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2015, 03:22:40 pm »
No.

I don't do crude.

(And he's running for President, and the comment was about another candidate, so I would hardly call it 'private').

Bad behavior is not acceptable just because it's 'our guy.'

I normally agree with that point of view. At least, I have in the past. But, then, I got to thinking about 21st Century post-constitutional America. If the binary is: polite personality or effective patriotic leadership?

No contest.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2015, 03:23:04 pm »

bkepley

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2015, 03:28:03 pm »
http://blog.sfgate.com/abraham/2010/06/10/carly-fiorina-blasts-barbara-boxers-hair-and-meg-whitman-on-hot-mic/

It would seem Jemima Cricket (doesn't Carly have a strong resemblance to Jiminy Cricket?) isn't so innocent.
And yeah, two wrongs don't make a right but they sure do make a whole lotta truth!

Doesn't matter.  Straight-shootin' Don assures us it was all an innocent misunderstanding. :shrug:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2015, 03:31:39 pm »

Good find ONC - she's been on the other side of this herself.  Carly will turn this to her advantage - she's got a quick mind and wit.  She'll  get people tuned to her because they'll have empathy toward her.  Trump....nah, his numbers won't be affected by it. 

Now, can we get back to some real news that's really important in the scheme of things?  Turn our horror to the things that are REALLY horrific?  There's plenty enough of that!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2015, 03:34:04 pm »
It doesn't have to be Trump, it doesn't have to be anyone or any name in particular...but if the Republicans fail to put up a politically-incorrect outsider that fights constantly, they WILL lose.  That is the only thing about Trump that sets him apart - and tapping into that is the only thing that will set the Republicans apart from the Democrats. Running on doing less of something more slowly than the Democrats will not win.

If a Republican runs within the politically-correct paradigm established by and policed by the left, and if they run within the crony-corrupt system of government established by the political elite, the takers, they WILL lose.  That ground is already taken and they have far too many built-in disadvantages to win on that field.

The question remains however...do the Republicans even want to win, do they want to change the direction of the old nation, or would they just prefer to continue to carve their pieces of spoils off the dead Golden Goose?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan