Author Topic: Healthcare 'Navigators' Awarded $67M By Feds  (Read 474 times)

rangerrebew

Healthcare 'Navigators' Awarded $67M By Feds
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:48:20 pm »

Healthcare 'Navigators' Awarded $67M By Feds

(CNSNews.com) - The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently announced grant awards [1] totaling $67 million to healthcare navigator efforts over the next three years.

The awards come before the upcoming third year of Affordable Care Act enrollment starting November 1, 2015.

CMS awarded funds to 100 organizations in 34 states that operate Federally Facilitated Marketplaces and State Partnership Marketplaces with three-year long Marketplace Navigator grants.

“There are a lot of choices when it comes to signing up for health insurance and we want to help make sure consumers feel confident that they’ve picked the right plan,” said Kevin Counihan, CEO of the Health Insurance Marketplaces in a press release.

"In person assistance from Navigators and assisters has proven to be an incredibly important avenue for consumers to get the right coverage. I'm pleased that Navigators and assisters will be available in even more geographic areas this year."

The grant money for navigators follows an earlier CMS announcement in June posting proposed health insurance rate increases [2]of 10 percent or more for 2016 plans.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/healthcare-navigators-awarded-67m-feds

Offline flowers

Re: Healthcare 'Navigators' Awarded $67M By Feds
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 07:18:33 pm »
I wonder if these 'healthcare navigators' are exempt from obamadeathcare? I bet they are.