Author Topic: Revealed: Campus police learned of James Holmes' desire to kill 'as many people as possible' to make up for his failure in science a MONTH before massacre  (Read 733 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3219211/Records-universitys-response-Holmes.html

Holmes' psychiatrist and head of his graduate program both told University of Colorado police officer about his homicidal thoughts
    The campus cop did little other than check to see whether Holmes had a criminal record and deactivate his campus access cards
    Holmes' psychiatrist decided against having him detained because he had not revealed any specific plans or targets
    Hours before Holmes left for the Aurora theater, he mailed Dr Lynn Fenton a journal where he had outlined his detailed plans for the attack
    Holmes has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for murdering 12 people and trying to kill 70 others at Aurora cinema in July 2012

Online mountaineer

... The documents obtained by The Associated Press provide new details about the best chance authorities had to stop Holmes before the July 2012 theater massacre. They also show how hard it can be to predict who will turn violent, even when they've displayed warning signs, experts say.

'There's no reliable way we can identify those few who will pick up a gun and start shooting people from the vast number who might seem odd or unusual or even scary,' said James Alan Fox, a Northeastern University criminologist who has studied and written about mass killings.

'You can't predict it. Did they do everything they could have? That's another question.' ...
Exactly, which is how people like the Roanoke TV shooter pass background checks and purchase guns legally. Mr. M recently retired as a college administrator and I'm trying to imagine how his school would have handled this. He's told me a lot of stories about a lot of kids with serious mental issues on his campus. Many times the administration's hands are tied, even when they fear the kid will explode.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

Exactly, which is how people like the Roanoke TV shooter pass background checks and purchase guns legally. Mr. M recently retired as a college administrator and I'm trying to imagine how his school would have handled this. He's told me a lot of stories about a lot of kids with serious mental issues on his campus. Many times the administration's hands are tied, even when they fear the kid will explode.

The one problem with this is, to some people who seek liberty and want the oppressive government boot off their neck are "crazy".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

The one problem with this is, to some people who seek liberty and want the oppressive government boot off their neck are "crazy".
Well, yeah, there's the problem that the government believes anyone who wants to own a gun or just have a little freedom are extremist nutjobs. Welcome to the gulag!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

The left (government) seizes any opportunity to further a political agenda rather than solving a problem.
As long as there is money in the agenda, there will be those that will chase the golden ring no matter the legitimacy...

Offline musiclady

I know that it's not entirely relevant, but remember that Holmes worked on the Obama campaign.

Whenever anyone uses the argument that gun killer crazies are conservatives, remind them that most are liberals.

Crazy people, but liberals.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.