Author Topic: Politico..Haters for Trump  (Read 846 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico..Haters for Trump
« on: September 02, 2015, 06:11:51 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-2016-protest-campaign-disdain-213247

Haters for Trump

Meet the people who despise Donald Trump so much that they plan to vote for him — just to send America a message.

By Ben Schreckinger

09/02/15, 05:09 AM EDT

HANOVER, N.H. — They think Donald Trump’s ideas are “disgusting.” They think he is making a mockery of the American political system and that even he doesn’t take his own candidacy seriously. And that is exactly why they say they plan to vote for him.

Meet Trump’s protest voters.

People who in the past might have gone to the polls only to register their disdain for politicians by writing in “Mickey Mouse” — or perhaps even “Donald Trump” — now have a Republican front-runner to rally around.

Like many sincere Trump supporters, they believe the system is totally screwed up. But instead of viewing Trump as the solution, they view him as the embodiment of the problem. And they say they’re prepared to vote for him to prove it.

“This is the candidate America deserves,” said Jeff DeFlavio, 29, a small-business owner registered as an independent in the nearby town of Lebanon. He said he plans to vote for Trump in the primary, but adds, “His immigration policy is disgusting to me. It’s absolutely revolting … I really don’t want him to become president ever. Ever. He would destroy the world, which is what’s so wonderful about him.”

DeFlavio said he has enjoyed watching Trump exploit a presidential-selection process that rewards celebrity more than substance. “There is this kind of wonderful irony in it, which I feel myself wanting to partake in,” he said.

These Trump voters come from both ends of the political spectrum and from nowhere on it. Their motivations differ. But they are united by both antipathy and a lack of regard for the man they say has their vote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-2016-protest-campaign-disdain-213247#ixzz3kbe6gzbp

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: Politico..Haters for Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 06:35:35 pm »
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.  H.L. Mencken