Author Topic: Garish tastes awful hair Donald Trump is America  (Read 417 times)

Offline olde north church

Garish tastes awful hair Donald Trump is America
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »
Okay, I saw how the RINOs rolled.  Wanted to see how a more irreverent take on the Donald would be so, I googled it.  For your consideration:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/16/garish-tastes-awful-hair-donald-trump-is-america.html
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

bkepley

Re: Garish tastes awful hair Donald Trump is America
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:22:40 pm »
Let us therefore begin at the bottom of the campaign barrel with the lees, the dross, and the dregs, by which I mean Donald Trump.

Or is Trump just using the garbage of his personality to chum for publicity again? If he isn’t really a candidate, I see no reason to take him at his word, any more than I’d take him at his word about anything else.

Besides, I, personally, support his candidacy. “Democracy,” said H. L. Mencken, “is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 07:11:41 pm »
More Mencken:

"The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre—the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:56:41 am »
More Mencken:

"The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre—the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Pretty cynical stuff, and very hard to argue today.  Still I have hope that the people will make the right choice next Nov.  I believe they made the right choice in 2014, 2010, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, and 1994.  That is 7 out of the last 11 elections.

The leftist media, academia, and pop culture called Reagan a moron before, during, and after his Presidency, and his death.  This will be Dubya's fate as well I assume.  Maybe history will say Mencken's prediction already came true, or perhaps President Trump will shake the image of the GOP President being dumb. :smokin: