Author Topic: Bob Beckel Returns to Cable News on CNN After Fox Exit  (Read 1121 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bob Beckel Returns to Cable News on CNN After Fox Exit
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:22:14 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/bob-beckel-returns-cable-news/2015/08/31/id/672770/

By Clyde Hughes   |   Monday, 31 Aug 2015 09:37 AM

Liberal pundit Bob Beckel, a former co-host of "The Five" on Fox News, returned to cable television on CNN last week.

In June, Fox News released Beckel after what Politico described as a controversial stint on "The Five" where, among other things, he took contrary positions, was caught flipping off another co-host and pushed ending student visas for students from Muslim countries after the Boston Marathon bombing.

"The Five" had been rated No. 1 on basic cable at 5 p.m. for June, and its ratings for the 25-54 age demographic was up eight percent since Feb. 16, noted Politico, but Beckel had entered rehab therapy in April, reportedly for an addiction to prescription pain medication, and his last appearance on the show was Feb. 16.

"We tried to work with Bob for months, but we couldn't hold 'The Five' hostage to one man's personal issues," Bill Shine, Fox's executive vice president of programming, said in a June statement announcing Beckel's departure. "He took tremendous advantage of our generosity, empathy and goodwill and we simply came to the end of the road with him."

In a Twitter posted, Beckel said he was "baffled" about being released.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/bob-beckel-returns-cable-news/2015/08/31/id/672770/#ixzz3kQy3Tnqj

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Bob Beckel Returns to Cable News on CNN After Fox Exit
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:26:34 pm »
Methinks Bob's stand against Islam won't be too popular on leftist CNN..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:35:32 pm »
Prescription pain meds are a substance to which high class professionals can become addicted, like Rush Limbo did.

I had to take them for 4 weeks before and after a surgery, and getting off them was an amazing turning point for me.

What happens is you start with a legitimate need, and end up taking them for the addiction which develops fast. You start with a legitimate medical need, but soon are taking them to feed the addiction.

So beware for yourself and others in your shere of contacts. The person will likely tell you "everything is fine."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:14:50 am »
Prescription pain meds are a substance to which high class professionals can become addicted, like Rush Limbo did.

I had to take them for 4 weeks before and after a surgery, and getting off them was an amazing turning point for me.

What happens is you start with a legitimate need, and end up taking them for the addiction which develops fast. You start with a legitimate medical need, but soon are taking them to feed the addiction.

So beware for yourself and others in your shere of contacts. The person will likely tell you "everything is fine."

My Dad got addicted very quickly to Oxycontin after surgery.  They took him off cold turkey and he did fine, but it was very scary to see what it did to him and how fast it happened.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:14:55 am »
My Dad got addicted very quickly to Oxycontin after surgery.  They took him off cold turkey and he did fine, but it was very scary to see what it did to him and how fast it happened.
Culturally we like to think of "drug addicts" as low class derelicts, but in reality today prescription drugs are a big deal.

If you don't legitimately need them for real pain, get the heck off them. The medical field is NOT very good at pressing this point home. It really is up to lay people, family and friends, to help the patient understand.

In my case my wife notices my behavior immediately when taking pain meds. But I cannot tell.

When I decided to get off cold turkey, it was because of side effects, not the basic drug itself. I disliked depression, mood swings and anxiety. I disliked having a 2nd prescription for anxiety and a 3rd for constipation.

So I decided to remove the root cause--the pain med.  My wife had not suggested it. If she had, I might have resisted. I had to decide. The PA even suggested cutting down the dosage, not quitting cold turkey. I decided cold turkey if I could.

But I sort of understand the basics of addiction and recovery. Medical pros tend to coddle the patient.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln