Author Topic: Obama: 'There's not a smidgen of evidence' that I'm anti-semitic  (Read 526 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/252309-obama-theres-not-a-smidgen-of-evidence-that-im-anti-semitic

August 31, 2015, 10:36 am
Obama: 'There's not a smidgen of evidence' that I'm anti-semitic

By Jordan Fabian

President Obama said he is personally hurt by the anti-semitism accusations he has faced since signing the nuclear deal with Iran.

Obama told the Jewish publication Forward “there’s not a smidgen of evidence” to back up the charge.

“Oh, of course,” he said. “And there’s not a smidgen of evidence for it, other than the fact that there have been times where I’ve disagreed with a particular Israeli government’s position on a particular issue.”

The president is seeking to soothe tensions with the Jewish community over the Iran nuclear deal, which is opposed by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and many U.S. Jewish groups.

Obama’s critics have slammed him for negotiating with the Iranian regime, which denies the Holocaust and funds terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

Some, including GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson, have gone as far to suggest the deal makes Obama an anti-Semite.

“I think anything is anti-Semitic if it's against the survival of a state that is surrounded by enemies and by people who want to destroy them," Carson said this month on Fox News Sunday. "And to sort of ignore that and to act like everything is normal there and that these people are paranoid is anti-Semitic.”

The president said the U.S.’s alliance with Israel “will continue unabated” despite the disagreement over the Iran deal.

He acknowledged differences with the Jewish state can be difficult for American Jews.

“If you care deeply about Israel, then you have an obligation to be honest about what you think, the same way you would with any friend,” he said. “And we don’t do anybody, any friend, a service by just rubber-stamping whatever decisions they make, even if we think that they’re damaging in some fashion.”

Obama drew a parallel to the fierce debate over the Iran deal in the Jewish community to disputes he’s witnessed among African-Americans.

“You saw this historically sometimes in the African-American community, where there’s a difference on policy and somebody starts talking about, well, you’re not black enough, or you’re selling out,” he said. “And that, I think, is always a dangerous place to go.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Obama: 'There's not a smidgen of evidence' that I'm anti-semitic
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »
“I think anything is anti-Semitic if it's against the survival of a state that is surrounded by enemies and by people who want to destroy them," Carson said this month on Fox News Sunday. "And to sort of ignore that and to act like everything is normal there and that these people are paranoid is anti-Semitic.”

Ben Carson speaks the truth.

Barack Hussein Obama does not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:25:43 pm »
Right Barry. You fit the old joke: "I'm not anti-Semitic! I like Arabs!".
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 09:37:21 pm »
“Not even mass corruption -- not even a smidgen of corruption.” at the IRS
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/03/not-even-smidgen-corruption-obama-downplays-irs-other-scandals/

"President Obama today said he "will not stand" for misconduct at the Veterans Affairs Department"
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-allegations-va-misconduct-stand/story?id=23809975

" his administration did not mislead the public on the Benghazi attack"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/03/not-even-smidgen-corruption-obama-downplays-irs-other-scandals/

“I try to focus not on the fumbles but on the next play,”

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 09:54:10 pm »
Like there isn't a smidgeon of evidence that Hillary had classified information on her private server?
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:50:02 am »
Sorry, BHussein, but this is one of those "walks like a duck and quacks like a duck" thingeys.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 12:54:35 am »
Ben Carson speaks the truth.

Barack Hussein Obama does not.

In this case he is speaking the truth!  You just have to learn to speak the same language he does.

There isn't a smidgen of evidence there is more like a boat load!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien