Author Topic: Cruz: Campaign on Common Sense Issues Attracting Democrats  (Read 619 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cruz: Campaign on Common Sense Issues Attracting Democrats
« on: August 28, 2015, 11:32:05 am »
Ted Cruz: Campaign on Common-Sense Issues Attracting More Democrats

More rank-and-file Democrats are backing Ted Cruz's campaign for the Republican presidential nomination because "working men and women are getting hammered by the Obama-Clinton economy," the Texas senator told Newsmax TV on Thursday.

"They want to defend our Constitutional liberties," he told "The Hard Line" host Ed Berliner. "We started this discussion talking about religious liberty. Religious liberty is an issue that cuts across."

He noted how Ronald Reagan "drew a line in the sand" on religious liberty during his 1980 campaign, calling it "a fundamental choice."

"What happened was millions of FDR Democrats, people who have been Democrats for generations — who's fathers and grandfathers have been Democrats — they crossed over because they said, 'those are my values,'" Cruz said.

He told Berliner of what happened when he met a man on a campaign stop in Wyoming on Thursday.

"He shook my hand," Cruz began. "He said, 'You're the first political candidate I've ever contributed to in my life.' He said: 'I've never voted. I'm 30 years old. I've never voted. I'm voting for you.'"

Cruz later added: "What the American people understand is the common-sense values that America was built on. … America is and remains a center-right country. The Judeo-Christian values that built this country remain in the foundation of who we are...

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ted-cruz-democrats-support-common/2015/08/27/id/672309/

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

Re: Cruz: Campaign on Common Sense Issues Attracting Democrats
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:37 am »
So, he is not hoping for gay, atheist or muslim votes... :)
Took out a bunch in one sentence...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:57:17 am »
So, he is not hoping for gay, atheist or muslim votes... :)
Took out a bunch in one sentence...

"Cruz later added: "What the American people understand is the common-sense values that America was built on. … America is and remains a center-right country. The Judeo-Christian values that built this country remain in the foundation of who we are..."

What he said is true, America was founded on those values.  Somehow I think a person that would be made angry by that statement was not going to vote for Cruz anyway. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 12:02:08 pm »
Oh no!  Another candidate that is not politically correct.   :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 12:20:08 pm »
Not sure who here mentioned it, but a Trump/Cruz ticket could be just the ticket for a 2016 victory.

If only Cruz were female....

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 01:20:13 pm »
Not sure who here mentioned it, but a Trump/Cruz ticket could be just the ticket for a 2016 victory.

It's not too late!  Caitlyn Cruz has a certain ring to it!

:chairbang:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 01:26:25 pm »
It's not too late!  Caitlyn Cruz has a certain ring to it!

:silly:

Hadn't thought of that.

I could just hear parents giving their young sons a life lesson on America and its greatness: "...and you, too, can someday grow up to become a woman and be elected president!"

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 01:31:19 pm »

Oh Gezzz.. Now you did it...