Author Topic: Pollsters dumbfounded by Trump  (Read 12775 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Pollsters dumbfounded by Trump
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2015, 05:10:53 am »
Agreed.  Political appointees usually get shown the door when the new administration comes in.  It only makes sense that the boss would want people she/he believes she/he can trust in high level positions.
Happy Friday Oceander. :beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2015, 05:12:50 am »
So just because we have been doing something wrong for however long means we must forever keep doing it wrong?  I think not!
That sounds exactly like the democrats sound, regarding interpretation of various Amendments, such as the 2nd for guns, the 1st for free speech and religious freedom.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2015, 10:39:51 am »
Wish I could've gotten in on this fracas. But, I was at a rehearsal dinner last night.

My oldest U.S. citizen daughter, born of a legal U.S. resident mother and legally naturalized American citizen father, is getting married today!

I'm happy because she's marrying a really great legal citizen guy who was born of legal citizen parents (though his ancestors were born in Ireland). And the really great part? He works for Coach, inc. and can get Coach handbags wholesale--legally!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2015, 11:48:26 am »
Wish I could've gotten in on this fracas. But, I was at a rehearsal dinner last night.

My oldest U.S. citizen daughter, born of a legal U.S. resident mother and legally naturalized American citizen father, is getting married today!

I'm happy because she's marrying a really great legal citizen guy who was born of legal citizen parents (though his ancestors were born in Ireland). And the really great part? He works for Coach, inc. and can get Coach handbags wholesale--legally!

Congratulations ac! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2015, 12:05:17 pm »
Congratulations ac!

Thanks, alice. My biggest fear is that I'll step all over the bride's feet and gown during the father daughter dance! I took dance lessons just for this moment. I hope they paid off.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2015, 12:59:05 pm »
Thanks, alice. My biggest fear is that I'll step all over the bride's feet and gown during the father daughter dance! I took dance lessons just for this moment. I hope they paid off.

Congratulations AC... She can walk on the bottoms and you walk on the tops... piece of cake.. :)
You will do fine

Offline aligncare

« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2015, 01:17:23 pm »
Thank you. I appreciate your encouragement, Ed.

I'll let you all know tomorrow how I do.

Oceander

« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2015, 01:38:43 pm »
Happy Friday Oceander. :beer:

I'm not very squeamish, but that avatar is freaking me out!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2015, 03:15:35 pm »
That sounds exactly like the democrats sound, regarding interpretation of various Amendments, such as the 2nd for guns, the 1st for free speech and religious freedom.

The courts have never ruled that the children of those illegally in the county are citizens at birth.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2015, 04:04:11 pm »
The courts have never ruled that the children of those illegally in the county are citizens at birth.
Yes, and illegally is the point.
Those that try to say differently always point out the Kim ruling but those parents were in the country LEGALLY.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

bkepley

« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2015, 04:17:43 pm »
Yes, and illegally is the point.
Those that try to say differently always point out the Kim ruling but those parents were in the country LEGALLY.

My guess is that the courts would rule in the traditionally accepted way.  You better hope the next president is GOP though.  Despite all the snarling GOP nominated justices are better than Dem ones in most cases.

Offline evadR

« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »
Everyone is entitled to a guess, but I wouldn't bet anything on this bunch of kangaroos.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.