Author Topic: Terror mastermind's arrest highlights Iran's role  (Read 403 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Terror mastermind's arrest highlights Iran's role
« on: August 27, 2015, 01:39:49 pm »
Terror mastermind's arrest highlights Iran's role

By CHARLES HOSKINSON • 8/27/15 12:01 AM

Saudi Arabia has arrested the mastermind of the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers housing complex in which 19 U.S. service members were killed and 372 injured, a Saudi-owned newspaper said Wednesday.

Ahmed al-Mughassil was arrested in Beirut and handed over to Saudi custody, the pan-Arab Asharq al-Awsat daily said. A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed the capture to the Associated Press.

The announcement of his arrest is a convenient reminder for opponents of President Obama's nuclear deal with Iran that Tehran has been a major supporter of terrorist attacks that have killed U.S. service members. One prominent national security expert called the timing of the arrest "suspicious."

The June 25, 1996, attack has long been blamed on Iran, and a U.S. court in 2006 ordered Tehran to pay $254 million to the families of 17 of those who died. The Supreme Court is now considering whether nearly $2 billion in frozen assets belonging to Iran's Central Bank can be used to pay the judgment.

Much more at link: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/terror-masterminds-arrest-highlights-irans-role/article/2570900
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Terror mastermind's arrest highlights Iran's role
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:40:36 pm »
For those who can't seem to get the fact that the Mullas in Iran are THE problem!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Re: Terror mastermind's arrest highlights Iran's role
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 01:55:27 pm »
For those who can't seem to get the fact that the Mullas in Iran are THE problem!

True, but the Saudi's hands are not totally clean in all this junk.