Author Topic: CENTCOM reworked reports to make anti-ISIS campaign look successful  (Read 699 times)

Offline famousdayandyear

CENTCOM reworked reports to make anti-ISIS campaign look successful

Obama’s defense apparatus has become a Ministry of Propaganda. As I asked several months ago, has Baghdad Bob become Secretary of Defense?

“Pentagon watchdog probing whether anti-ISIS campaign analysis altered,” Fox News, August 26, 2015:

The Defense Department’s inspector general is investigating whether intelligence reports about the progress of the U.S.-led coalition’s campaign against ISIS in Iraq have been “skewed” to be more optimistic.

The New York Times first reported that at least one civilian employee of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) told authorities that officials at U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) were improperly reworking intelligence assessments prepared for policymakers, including President Obama.

A senior military official confirmed to Fox News that an IG investigation has been initiated into the allegation.

The Times report did not say when the assessments were allegedly altered, nor did it say who may have been responsible. Officials told the paper the investigation was focused on whether military officials had changed the conclusions of draft intelligence reports during a review before passing them on….

However, earlier that month, retired Army Gen. John Allen, the White House’s top envoy to other nations in the anti-ISIS coalition, told an audience at the Aspen Security Forum that ISIS had been “checked strategically, operationally, and by and large, tactically,” adding, more bluntly, “ISIS is losing."

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/08/centcom-reworked-reports-to-make-anti-isis-campaign-look-successful?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: CENTCOM reworked reports to make anti-ISIS campaign look successful
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:52:39 am »
This does not surprise me.  I just automatically assume that every word they say is a lie.  In fact, I usually just go with the opposite of what they say. 

ISIS isn't losing.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 03:09:48 am »
This does not surprise me.  I just automatically assume that every word they say is a lie.  In fact, I usually just go with the opposite of what they say. 

ISIS isn't losing.

Nor me.  The surprising thing to me is that this leaked out to some sources; of course, the MSM ignores news such as this.  That the regime, and now CENTCOM (commanded by a bootlicking Gen Austin)
would falsify records. 

The Marine Commandant (Gen Joe Dunford) becomes head of the Joint Chiefs in September.  My hope and prayer is that this Marine starts to kick some serious butt.

Godzilla

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:11:59 am »
How did the author go from:

The New York Times first reported that at least one civilian employee of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) told authorities that officials at U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) were improperly reworking intelligence assessments prepared for policymakers, including President Obama.

to

The Defense Department’s inspector general is investigating whether intelligence reports about the progress of the U.S.-led coalition’s campaign against ISIS in Iraq have been “skewed” to be more optimistic.

It looks like the IG is investigating the complaint raised by the DIA employee.  The complaint being "improperly reworking intelligence assessments prepared for policymakers".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 06:18:00 am »
Happens far too much:

You have the data like this

The brass get this.

The version for the politicians.

Pessimism doesn't get you paid ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink