Author Topic: Donald Trump Can't Name His Favorite Verse in the Bible  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:55:21 pm by Once-Ler »

Online NavyCanDo

Re: Donald Trump Can't Name His Favorite Verse in the Bible
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:48:11 pm »
Did a little digging into Trump's personal religious views, which I do with any candidate I consider voting for. My digging on Trump began when he said this......

During a Q&A session with pollster Frank Luntz at the recent Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa. Luntz asked Trump whether he had ever asked God for forgiveness for his actions. Mr. Trump seemed unprepared for the question and responded, somewhat haltingly, “I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so.” Then he added, “I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.”

Something seems to be missing...He makes no pretentions of being a theologian. Fair enough. And yet, the call to confess your sins and the need for forgiveness are so central to the entire Christian faith. 

It also turns out Trump went to the Church led by Norman Vincent Peale, preaching a Gospel of Success, and writer of the book The Power of Positive Thinking, and on the  list of Christianity’s most notorious false teachers, according to many Christians.  I for a short time attended one of these churches teaching a distorted doctrine. When I heard this famous NW evangelist say that God wants you to be rich and if you are not, -  if you are struggling financially, its due to sin in your life, I left that church as fast as my feet would take me. There is not much difference between this 'word faith' evangelist and Peale, among other mega church leaders who preach success is a sign of spiritual growth.  And it explains why Trump is the way he is.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

Not one.

Aww geez....that disqualifies him, right?   [/S]
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:48 pm »
 Bill O'Keefe ‏@DefendWallSt 28m28 minutes ago

Lazarus died because he was a loser.  He stayed dead because he was a loser.  The end.

#TrumpFavoriteBibleVerses

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:51:29 pm »
Trump doesn't know anything and will say anything.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:51:54 pm »
Aww geez....that disqualifies him, right?   [/S]

It just means he is a liar, a cheat, his feet stink, and he don't love Jesus.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:25 pm »
It just means he is a liar, a cheat, his feet stink, and he don't love Jesus.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 12:16:30 am »
Jay Cost ‏@JayCostTWS 22m22 minutes ago

But when Jesus turned & looked @ his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Peter works  hard but is a guy who just doesn't have it-a total loser."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 12:57:29 am »
Jay Cost ‏@JayCostTWS 22m22 minutes ago

But when Jesus turned & looked @ his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Peter works  hard but is a guy who just doesn't have it-a total loser."

Can't fish worth a damn.  And can't stay awake on guard duty either.   :laugh:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:59:27 am »
Nobody asks Hillary! this kind of crap.

And crap it is.  I can't believe you posted it.....well, maybe I can.

I guess Trump kicks puppies and steals candy from babies too.

:facepalm2:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 01:01:47 am »

All Trump has to say is the truth.  Interesting you compare him to Hillary.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 01:04:02 am »

Lea....Once-ler and the Boyz in his hood spend all day looking for negative articles on Trump.

IMO, they're getting desperate.   :laugh:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 02:26:23 am »
Lea....Once-ler and the Boyz in his hood spend all day looking for negative articles on Trump.

That's the way I see it.    :beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 02:27:24 am »

Code Orange minions of the GOPe.
DC is on to us.
Evasive network protocols have been exercised
Await further instructions
We have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 02:27:44 am »

Getting desperate is right - desperately hoping that republican/conservative voters come to their senses and stop backing a liberal troll who's leading them by the nose to make a mockery of themselves.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 02:31:30 am »

Getting desperate is right - desperately hoping that republican/conservative voters come to their senses and stop backing a liberal troll who's leading them by the nose to make a mockery of themselves.

We'll see, Oceander.  We'll see.    :whistle:

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 02:34:28 am »
We'll see, Oceander.  We'll see.    :whistle:

Are you prepared to shoot a 5 y.o. "wetback" because his illegal parents aren't willing to be frog-marched to the Mexican border?  If you aren't, then you're a hypocrite.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 02:36:31 am »

Are you prepared to shoot a 5 y.o. "wetback" because his illegal parents aren't willing to be frog-marched to the Mexican border?  If you aren't, then you're a hypocrite.

I have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Stop acting like an a-hole.

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 02:38:39 am »

What he said!  I agree totally. Hoping in another couple of debates the discussion here will focus back on Carson, Fiorina, Rubio, Walker, or any of the other 16 that gain or overtake Trump.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 02:39:45 am »
I have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Stop acting like an a-hole.

I didn't think so.  Just goes to show how much attention you're paying to what Mr. Trump is actually saying.  To the extent he has a "plan" on immigration, it basically involves rounding up every illegal and transporting them across the border (usually, the Mexican border).  Putting that plan into action necessarily requires compulsory searches anytime, anywhere, by the federal immigration police and necessarily requires mass "transportation" of those arrested.  There is only one good historical precedent for that, but none of Trump's supporters seem willing to face up to that.  And it does involve six-sided yellow stars.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 02:48:31 am »
I didn't think so.  Just goes to show how much attention you're paying to what Mr. Trump is actually saying.  To the extent he has a "plan" on immigration, it basically involves rounding up every illegal and transporting them across the border (usually, the Mexican border).  Putting that plan into action necessarily requires compulsory searches anytime, anywhere, by the federal immigration police and necessarily requires mass "transportation" of those arrested.  There is only one good historical precedent for that, but none of Trump's supporters seem willing to face up to that.  And it does involve six-sided yellow stars.

Look....we have a drama king!   :laugh:   

And if that's what you meant, say it.....don't ask me if I'm willing to shoot a 5 year old child.  Dumass! 

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:17 am »
Look....we have a drama king!   :laugh:   

And if that's what you meant, say it.....don't ask me if I'm willing to shoot a 5 year old child.  Dumass! 

Calling me names doesn't change the facts.  And the cold hard facts are that Mr. Trump is either a fascist or a trolling liberal.  He isn't a legitimate republican/conservative candidate for President.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 02:54:45 am »

Calling me names doesn't change the facts. And the cold hard facts are that Mr. Trump is either a fascist or a trolling liberal.  He isn't a legitimate republican/conservative candidate for President.

You called me a hypocrite...for some ridiculous reason I still don't quite understand. 

Like to dish it out but don't like getting it back do you?

Godzilla

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 03:40:54 am »
You called me a hypocrite...for some ridiculous reason I still don't quite understand. 

Like to dish it out but don't like getting it back do you?

Still doesn't change the fact that if you want 'those people' out of the country... you have to have someone get 'those people' out of the country.

That involves finding 'those people' and transporting them out of the country.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:41:28 am by Godzilla »

Offline raml

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 04:50:14 am »
I want them out of this country I don't want amnesty I want what Eisenhower did to illegals. Send them packing and yes the babies and 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and so on years old to go too. We are spending not millions but billions as long as they stay so what if he cost a lot to return them it will be a bargain to what we pay now. I do admire Trump for saying what I have been thinking for years now. I wish the ones I really want to win would say this then I could maybe trust them to be real leader material right now I am not to sure of any of them but Trump and no I don't care if he is a Christian I am not looking for a pastor I want a leader who will do what he says and says what he will do. We have some time before we know who that will be and it could be Trump.