Author Topic: Donald Trump Flip-Flops on Flat Tax in Literally Less than One Minute  (Read 396 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he was open to the flat tax Monday before denouncing its central premise, all within the the span of a minute.

“You can have fair tax, you can have flat tax, you can take the existing plans that we have and simplify…” Trump said during an appearance on Fox & Friends. “We’re going to simplify; that’s the easiest in terms of getting it done. Later on if we go to a flat tax, that’s something else.”

So Trump is at least open to the flat tax. But when pressed on the specifics by Fox’s Steve Doocy, Trump immediately started dismissing it.

“Well, the magic number is a very complicated number. I’ve seen them from 15% to 20%, nobody knows if it works,” he said.

“The one problem I have with the flat tax is that rich people are paying the same as people that are making very little money,” he said. “And I think there should be a graduation of some kind. Because as you make a certain amount of money, I think you should have to graduate upward.”

To be clear, the “graduation” that Trump refers to is more commonly known as a progressive tax rate… which is literally the opposite of a flat tax.

Source: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/donald-trump-flip-flops-on-flat-tax-in-literally-less-than-one-minute/
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Donald Trump Flip-Flops on Flat Tax in Literally Less than One Minute
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 11:38:51 pm »
Donald will be talking about the burgoise and the proletariat before you know it.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:42:39 pm »
Trump will have his supporters hating rich people in no time. You just wait.

And he's the richest sonofabitch who's ever run for president. That fact doesn't dawn on those folks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:44:23 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:48:22 pm »

And he's the richest sonofabitch who's ever run for president. That fact doesn't dawn on those folks.

This guy says he is rich all of the time yet he is like Hillary Clinton..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:29:07 am »
blij26