Author Topic: You Hate It From Barack Obama. But You Love It From Donald Trump.  (Read 11614 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: You Hate It From Barack Obama. But You Love It From Donald Trump.
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »
Don't let it get to you ML!  I may read something with the word TRUMP in the title  but rarely comment on it these days. Just like the flu this will also pass.

The latest poll shows Trump increasing his lead again, now up to 40%

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2015, 08:20:01 pm »

If standing on the Constitution and on ethical principles is stagnation, and if expecting decency and character in a President is stagnation, then I'll gladly wear the label, and endure the insults that you so drippingly shower upon me. 

And again you take us to the nub of one of our most persistent image problems--that off-putting self-righteousness masquerading as political insight. 

I'm not trying to challenge your delivery--I thought it was actually pretty good.  But I need to know: Through your lecture, did you have both hands on your hips...or one finger pointing and wagging at me?     :tongue2:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:29:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2015, 08:29:01 pm »
It's interesting how so many of the defenders of Trump turn to personal insults when they can't reply with reasoned answers to the questions Trump's lack of conservatism raise. 

Well, I'm not a defender of Trump.  I'm a conservative Republican and your style insults under a veneer of honey and pushes more away than it attracts.  I pray you represent the national minority--otherwise conservatism dies on the vine.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2015, 08:35:53 pm »
Well, I'm not a defender of Trump.  I'm a conservative Republican and your style insults under a veneer of honey and pushes more away than it attracts.  I pray you represent the national minority--otherwise conservatism dies on the vine.

Well, if I push nasty people like you away, so be it.

I'm calling it as I see it, and that's all.  But you can't stay away from the personal insults in response, when I haven't said anything personal to you.

I never thought that someone I always considered to be a decent man would try to drive me away from this forum, but you're doing a pretty darned good job of doing that. 

I don't know what's eating you, Right, but why don't you just put me on ignore so that I don't drive you to say any more stupid things?  You obviously have issues with me, and aren't making any sense right now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Godzilla

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2015, 08:38:13 pm »
I'm not so sure about that.  It's easier for civilized people to pretend to be uncivilized than the other way around.  I believe there was an episode of "Star Trek" using that as a plot device.

It was the episode about the 'mirror universe', with a Terran Empire (no Federation).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2015, 08:39:50 pm »

Oh, that's rich!!

You claim to not defend Trump, yet you come back at me with meaningless ad hominems because I say the guy is a non-conservative jerk, but I'm the one to blame for killing conservatism.  What a joke!

PLEASE put me on ignore.  You'll stop this absurd behavior and live longer.  A twofer.

(How weird it is to have a seemingly decent man, Right_in_Virginia, has silently built up a deep personal hostility toward me without my ever having said anything about him at all.  It just goes to show you that the internet does strange things to otherwise decent people.  I remind him, apparently, of a teacher he had that he clearly didn't like, and though there is no parallel with me and this other person, Right has decided he's going to insult me into silence.  I will not, however, cease and desist from saying what I believe, nor from defending conservative principles, and I especially will not be cowed by some stranger who has some bizarre chip on his shoulder.

I will, however, avoid Trump threads for at least a little while, because no sane person puts him/herself deliberately in the line of fire of irrational people.  And I.......... am sane).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:08:45 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2015, 08:41:41 pm »
The latest poll shows Trump increasing his lead again, now up to 40%

The fever has to break some time.

If it doesn't, we are even more moribund than previously thought......

Fortunately, we still have more than a year for recovery.

Godzilla

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2015, 08:49:46 pm »
Actually no.  It's a "Jeb Fish".  You are shilling for Jeb.  I'm sure you have your reasons to push your agenda.

Everyone has their favorite candidate at this point in the campaign.  The important bit is to be able to coherently explain *WHY* your preferred candidate is the best one.  If the argument for the candidate fails to win anyone, then either the candidate or the poster isn't doing a very good job of it.

That's how opinions and views on the candidates are formed.

Personally, I don't think Jeb is suited for President.  He's got a good record as Governor, but he doesn't really seem to have any desire to be President.  He comes across as another Fred Thompson, who didn't really want the job... but ran because the GOP asked.

That, and I really don't like the message sent with the possibility of three Bush Presidents in one lifetime.  I can wave off two from one family in one lifetime... but no more.

But Luis makes a good argument that voters SHOULD look at.  (I just think that there are better choices, like Rubio)

---

The problem with Trump is twofold.  His behavior, views on government, and his personality... *AND* his supporters.  The only argument that his supporters give as to why anyone should look at Trump is that "We're pissed off!!11!11!11!1!!11  RAAAAAAAWR!!!  BURN IT ALL DOWN!"

And that's just anarchy.

Godzilla

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2015, 08:53:24 pm »
It's interesting how so many of the defenders of Trump turn to personal insults when they can't reply with reasoned answers to the questions Trump's lack of conservatism raise.

This is the second time in 24 hours that a Trump fan has resorted to very personal attacks on me and chosen not to respond to the substance of my posts.  One must presume that it's because there IS no response to Trump's lack of conservatism, so ad hominems are all they have.

Again............. once this thread and the other are done, I am OFF Trump threads.

I'm starting to get TOS flashbacks, not being able to trust people to be decent, and I don't like the feeling at all......

In the mean time there are at least 4 or 5 potentially strong candidates to look at, and that's exactly what I'm going to continue doing.

It's the church of the god-queen Palin, part deux.  Pope Trump hath his worshippers... and all who doth not follow his immaculate ways are the vilest of heathens, fit only for damnation in the deepest pits of hell.

And I'd be willing to bet a beer that he's attracting her same supporters.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:56:46 pm by Godzilla »

bkepley

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2015, 08:55:48 pm »
It's the church of the god-queen Palin, part deux.  Pope Trump hath his worshippers... and all who do not follow his immaculate ways are the vilest of heathens, fit only for damnation in the deepest pits of hell.

Feels that way sometimes doesn't it?  And then they deny they support him.  I guess they've got a guilty conscience.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2015, 09:07:15 pm »
It's the church of the god-queen Palin, part deux.  Pope Trump hath his worshippers... and all who doth not follow his immaculate ways are the vilest of heathens, fit only for damnation in the deepest pits of hell.

I don't know about that.  I admired Sarah Palin for quite a while, and when I was working on the uninspired McCain campaign, it was only when Palin was chosen as VP nominee that there was any fire in the campaign at all.   (By 2012, I no longer thought she was a viable candidate for anything).

But I do agree that there is something weird going on here with Trump followers.  Something weirdly irrational that doesn't bode well for conservatism.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2015, 09:07:46 pm »
Wrong on all counts.   88devil

That's the first thing you've said that made any sense.

The rest has been drivel....

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2015, 09:16:40 pm »

How weird it is to have a seemingly decent man, Right_in_Virginia, build up a deep personal hostility toward me without my ever having said anything about him at all.  It just goes to show you that the internet does strange things to otherwise decent people.  I remind him, apparently, of a teacher he had that he clearly didn't like, and though there is no parallel with me and this other person, Right has decided he's going to insult me into silence.  I will not, however, cease and desist from saying what I believe, nor from defending conservative principles, and I especially will not be cowed by some stranger who has some bizarre chip on his shoulder. 

:facepalm:  This is a stunning display of self-absorption. 

I find you annoying.  And sanctimonious.  Oh, and on a few occasion flat out wrong.   Nothing more nothing less.

Well, until now.  Because now I'm seeing you as a little nuts in that frightening, clinical way and you're starting to scare the hell out of me .   

Get some fresh air!  Find a playmate!  Read a book!  Anything -- go DO anything else.

But above all, put me on "Ignore".   

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2015, 09:28:40 pm »
That's the first thing you've said that made any sense.

The rest has been drivel....

I've placed you on ignore.  Go scare someone else.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2015, 09:42:59 pm »
I've placed you on ignore.  Go scare someone else.

I'm not putting you on ignore. 

I've never said a single thing that should have offended you, and yet you are whining about me, attacking me, and making yourself look really petty.

I have no idea what's wrong with you, but I do know whatever it is has nothing in the world to do with me.

You have constructed a 'reality' that does not exist, and have chosen to allow that imaginary world to make you angry at something that also doesn't exist.

As I said before.......... I used to respect you, and think you were one of the good guys.  I was wrong.

I don't know what happened (I suspect it was before Trump, but that Trump has exacerbated it), but something is seriously awry and I hope you get better.

btw, I have an amazingly diverse and healthy life with lots of friends, and amazingly loving husband and family, a great profession, and a Lord who loves me unconditionally, and forgives me for thinking more of myself than I ought.

I wish you well, and I refuse to put you on Ignore, but am glad you've put me there because your anger at me personally is very unhealthy.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:49:26 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2015, 10:03:42 pm »
This is the weirdest experience I have had in a very long time.  Blindsided by someone whom I have NEVER offended, and then put on ignore by the same person because he just can't stand me....... and I 'scare' him.

Just weird.

But an appropriate ending to my Trump discussions.

I think my point was proven in spades.....       :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2015, 10:09:25 pm »
This is the weirdest experience I have had in a very long time.  Blindsided by someone whom I have NEVER offended, and then put on ignore by the same person because he just can't stand me....... and I 'scare' him.

Just weird.

But an appropriate ending to my Trump discussions.

I think my point was proven in spades.....       :beer:

At this point in time, I favor Donald Trump over EVERY other declared candidate running.  If he's the nominee, I'll gladly campaign and vote for him.

But I'll never stop loving you, MusicLady!   :patriot:  I love your style, manner of decorum and your mind.  Not necessarily in that order.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2015, 10:26:49 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2015, 11:09:40 pm »
At this point in time, I favor Donald Trump over EVERY other declared candidate running.  If he's the nominee, I'll gladly campaign and vote for him.

But I'll never stop loving you, MusicLady!   :patriot:  I love your style, manner of decorum and your mind.  Not necessarily in that order.   :laugh:

I just made a batch of Snickerdoodles, DC.  Ya wanna come over for some?  They're amazingly good!

(And you can bring Right with you if you'd like.  I'm really a very nice person, and not in the least 'sanctimonious.'  ^-^ )

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2015, 11:15:58 pm »

Who's the 'him" you keep referring to?   ^-^

bkepley

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2015, 11:21:09 pm »

Not me.  I've still got everyone on loud and clear.

Offline evadR

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2015, 11:30:57 pm »
It was the episode about the 'mirror universe', with a Terran Empire (no Federation).
Yes. I really liked the Spock in that alternate universe.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

Wasn't going to say anything.

Thought....wait until musiclady learns you're a woman.   Now you've done it.    :laugh:

Offline evadR

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:35 pm »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on Today at 07:15:58 PM

Thought....wait until musiclady learns you're a woman.   Now you've done it.    :laugh:

LOL...that was good :)

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2015, 11:42:24 pm »

Oops.   ^-^