Author Topic: City Council pauses Chick-fil-A location at DIA  (Read 344 times)

Offline Paladin

City Council pauses Chick-fil-A location at DIA
« on: August 24, 2015, 05:28:42 am »
More of that tolerance, diversity stuff you have been hearing about so much.

"DENVER (AP) - The Denver City Council has stalled a lease for a Chick-fil-A restaurant at Denver International Airport, citing the company's reputation as an opponent of same-sex marriage.

The Denver Post reports that the Business Development Committee on Tuesday stalled the seven-year deal with a new franchisee of the popular chicken chain for two weeks.

In 2012, Chick-fil-A's president publicly reaffirmed his support of what he called the "biblical definition of the family unit" that did not include same-sex marriage. He has since said he regrets inserting the company into political debates.

Chicago officials tried to block a new Chick-fil-A location for similar reasons but relented when the chain reiterated a non-discrimination statement.

If the committee rejects the lease, an individual member could introduce the deal in the full council. At Tuesday's meeting, none of the 10 members in attendance defended Chick-fil-A."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/travel/2015/08/20/chick-fil--dia/32040113/

If I am not mistaken, it isn't Chick-fil-A as an institution which opposes same sex marriage, but one individual within the company. No matter. Chick-fil-A must be punished for his wrongful beliefs.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: City Council pauses Chick-fil-A location at DIA
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 06:01:11 am »
Not allowing Chick-Fil-A to open at that terminal will impact the company minimally.

It will however cost the Airport Authority lots of revenue.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx