Author Topic: Politico...Insiders to Trump: Enough already  (Read 2356 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Politico...Insiders to Trump: Enough already
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 02:57:16 am »
I didn't ask you to justify your opinion...I'm curious if you think most voters or most GOP voters think illegal immigration is the pivotal issue upon which all other issues facing us are predicated.

What difference would it make whether I think voters understand the severity of the illegal immigration problem? Voters voted to put Obama back in the White House instead of sending him packing, and installing Mitt Romney, who was the more capable person.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 03:47:15 am »
What difference would it make whether I think voters understand the severity of the illegal immigration problem? Voters voted to put Obama back in the White House instead of sending him packing, and installing Mitt Romney, who was the more capable person.
I'm just trying to figure some stuff out.  From my perspective I care about illegal immigration because of national security reasons and keeping out criminals, but with 30? million illegals, that's like one person out of every ten people.  I have a theory that nobody really gives a damn.  My evidence is that nobody does anything about it or elects anybody who does anything about it.  In fact politicians who make the issue the center piece of their campaign...Pat Buchanan, Alan Keyes, Tom Tancredo, Chris Simcox...all did poorly.  Why are their so few standard bearers for this most important of issues out side of the great state of Alabama? 

Offline Paladin

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 04:00:15 am »
"In fact politicians who make the issue the center piece of their campaign...Pat Buchanan, Alan Keyes, Tom Tancredo, Chris Simcox...all did poorly.  Why are their so few standard bearers for this most important of issues out side of the great state of Alabama?"

Because the people you name were pre Kate Steinle, Marilyn Pharis, Grant Ronnebeck, and any number of others. People are just fed up and that feeling isn't confined just to the state of Alabama.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 04:10:40 am »
Because the people you name were pre Kate Steinle, Marilyn Pharis, Grant Ronnebeck, and any number of others. People are just fed up and that feeling isn't confined just to the state of Alabama.

Perhaps.  Thanx for your reply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 04:18:54 am »
I'm just trying to figure some stuff out.  From my perspective I care about illegal immigration because of national security reasons and keeping out criminals, but with 30? million illegals, that's like one person out of every ten people.  I have a theory that nobody really gives a damn.  My evidence is that nobody does anything about it or elects anybody who does anything about it.  In fact politicians who make the issue the center piece of their campaign...Pat Buchanan, Alan Keyes, Tom Tancredo, Chris Simcox...all did poorly.  Why are their so few standard bearers for this most important of issues out side of the great state of Alabama?
I was quite wound up over illegal immigration when Reagan got them an amnesty. I was then and remain in California where it is very visible, unlike many places back in 1986.

In  fact I contended in 1986 that it went down without much complaint, because it was NOT visible in most of the country, so why worry?

Since 1986 my views have never changed to support illegal immigration, or to support amnesty to the extent of citizenship. I would grant legal residency for meeting certain conditions.

I do see the damage that harsh language has done to Republican chances, and that disturbs me.

I don't blame the immigrants. I blame the office holders for not passing strict laws, the officials for not enforcing laws, the employers for hiring, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 04:21:49 am »
Nailed it and the GREAT thing about TRUMP is he can flick the RINOGOP THE Bird because they do not control him and that Really Piss** them off. PRICLESS :beer:
The thing is, if you take all the negative things that are said on this forum and multiply them by 10, Trump is still 100 times better than the muslim thing we've had in office for the past 7 years.
Would I rather have Cruz?? YES.
Would I rather have Walker? Maybe.
Would I rather have anyone else? Anywhere from probably not to hell no.

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 04:22:12 am »

They are all, every last one of them, on construction crews in my neighborhood in Staten Island, NY. I have yet to see a Caucasian working in crews.

Anecdotal, yes. But, there's such a frenzy of home improvements here that I see dozens of crews. And maybe you heard me mention the Sunday soccer matches in the park with players and spectators overwhelmingly illegals from Mexico and South America. Pizza delivery, garden crews, market guides delivery. Staten Island is awash in illegal laborers.

This one small borough in the city of New York, way up here in New England. Multiply by tens of thousands of communities.

Yes, anecdotal. But, the problem is big.

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56:27 am »
They are all, every last one of them, on construction crews in my neighborhood in Staten Island, NY. I have yet to see a Caucasian working in crews.

Anecdotal, yes. But, there's such a frenzy of home improvements here that I see dozens of crews. And maybe you heard me mention the Sunday soccer matches in the park with players and spectators overwhelmingly illegals from Mexico and South America. Pizza delivery, garden crews, market guides delivery. Staten Island is awash in illegal laborers.

This one small borough in the city of New York, way up here in New England. Multiply by tens of thousands of communities.

Yes, anecdotal. But, the problem is big.

It sounds like a nice place to live with all the home improvements and Sunday soccer matches.  Even though I didn't get an answer I appreciate this response.   

Your country - your vote - good luck

Good night aligncare.  See you tomorrow.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:01:21 am by Once-Ler »