Author Topic: Politico...Insiders to Trump: Enough already  (Read 2358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico...Insiders to Trump: Enough already
« on: August 21, 2015, 01:59:58 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/insiders-to-trump-enough-already-121586.html

Insiders to Trump: Enough already

Seven out of 10 early-state Republicans want the Donald to move on from his immigration plan and his tough talk about ending birthright citizenship.

By Katie Glueck

8/21/15 5:12 AM EDT

Updated 8/21/15 6:18 AM EDT

Donald Trump may have the whole Republican field talking about immigration, but early-state insiders wish he would just stop.

Seven in 10 Republicans said they’ve heard more than enough about Trump’s plan, which includes a controversial call to end birthright citizenship, according to this week’s POLITICO Caucus, our weekly bipartisan survey of the top operatives, activists and strategists in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Trump’s plan calls for an end to policy that guarantees citizenship for children born in the United States to illegal immigrants. That’s one of several controversial provisions under Trump’s plan, which is particularly galling to New Hampshire GOP insiders — 85 percent of whom said the real estate mogul and current GOP front-runner’s immigration plan was harmful to the party.

Nearly two-thirds of Iowa Republicans said the same.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/insiders-to-trump-enough-already-121586.html#ixzz3jSS7iQUF
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: Politico...Insiders to Trump: Enough already
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »
He can't move on.  It's all he's got.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 02:12:25 pm »
Screw the insiders! THEY are the problem not the solution!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 02:17:25 pm »

Nailed it and the GREAT thing about TRUMP is he can flick the RINOGOP THE Bird because they do not control him and that Really Piss** them off. PRICLESS :beer:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »
He's talking beyond the GOP white shoes.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 04:23:18 pm »

:beer:  He is shaking up Washington.  Insiders attacked him because he needed to be more specific about what his plan was. Now that he's laid out his plan(s), on this and other issues, they don't like the fact that he continues to rise in the polls and now want him to be quiet. If they would have done their damn jobs a long time ago, this wouldn't be an issue. Obviously the voters like Trump's plan better than Bushies.  So, I couldn't agree with you more - screw the insiders!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:24:39 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 04:59:22 pm »
The term "insiders" is just another name for professional Rinos.  Those Rinos gave us McInsane and Romney and therefore, ultimately, Obama.  They are despondent that JEB? and Rube are failing.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 05:01:32 pm »
The term "insiders" is just another name for professional Rinos.  Those Rinos gave us McInsane and Romney and therefore, ultimately, Obama.  They are despondent that JEB? and Rube are failing.

Exactly right!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 05:06:31 pm »
How do you deal with the FACT that Trump needs their votes and support?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 05:12:32 pm »
How do you deal with the FACT that Trump needs their votes and support?

I don't! But I sure do like the fact that he is making them crap their pants with great regularity at present!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 06:31:56 pm »
I don't! But I sure do like the fact that he is making them crap their pants with great regularity at present!
:beer:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »
Trump is an insider.
This is the 5th election cycle he has considered running for President, this time going the distance. And in his business he is well familiar with the political  process, and admits he knows how to use it to his advantage, and is not ashamed to admite who in Washington he has given money to, to advance his agenda.     So let's not pretend Trump is an outsider.   The closest candidate to being an outsider is Ben Carson. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 01:30:20 am »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 01:34:57 am »

Actually, it was the vodka and taco bell.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 01:47:24 am »

It's put a smile on MY face.   :laugh:

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 02:09:34 am »
It's put a smile on MY face.   :laugh:

Mike Murphy's too.  He thought he was going to be slogging out against Rubio, Walker and, Cruz.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178217.0.html

“If other campaigns wish that we’re going to uncork money on Donald Trump, they’ll be disappointed,” said Mike Murphy, chief strategist of the Right to Rise PAC. “Trump is, frankly, other people’s problem. We’d be happy to have a two-way race with Trump in the end, and we have every confidence that Governor Bush would beat him.”

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 02:11:55 am »
Trump’s plan calls for an end to policy that guarantees citizenship for children born in the United States to illegal immigrants. That’s one of several controversial provisions under Trump’s plan, which is particularly galling to New Hampshire GOP insiders — 85 percent of whom said the real estate mogul and current GOP front-runner’s immigration plan was harmful to the party.

Well if it's harmful to the party talking about the pivotal issue of illegal immigration, upon which all other issues facing us are predicated, then America needs a new party.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 02:15:09 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ Well if it's harmful to the party talking about the pivotal issue of illegal immigration, upon which all other issues facing us are predicated, then America needs a new party. ]]

Prediction:
We will soon have one...

bkepley

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 02:19:12 am »

Well if it's harmful to the party talking about the pivotal issue of illegal immigration, upon which all other issues facing us are predicated, then America needs a new party.

You have no fear of this?  You have no conservative feelings but of course that is the problem as always.

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 02:21:30 am »

For you immigration is the pivotal issue upon which all other issues facing us are predicated.  Do you believe that is a common viewpoint?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 02:39:27 am »
For you immigration is the pivotal issue upon which all other issues facing us are predicated.  Do you believe that is a common viewpoint?

Every other social and economic issue facing Americans today is impacted by the massive numbers of illegals.

Healthcare, education, unemployment, welfare, food stamps, crime and policing, housing and city planning, any issue you can name. It's a chain reaction of factors and events that are predicated on what we do about illegal immigrants.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:41:11 am by aligncare »

bkepley

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 02:42:43 am »
Every other social and economic issue facing Americans today is impacted by the massive numbers of illegals.

Healthcare, education, unemployment, welfare, food stamps, crime and policing, housing and city planning, any issue you can name. It's a chain reaction of factors and events that are predicated on what we do about illegal immigrants.

Too bad it's never as simple as that.

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 02:43:11 am »

Healthcare, education, welfare, food stamps, crime and policing, city planning, any issue you can name. It's a chain reaction of factors and events that are predicated on what we do about illegal immigrants.

I didn't ask you to justify your opinion...I'm curious if you think most voters or most GOP voters think illegal immigration is the pivotal issue upon which all other issues facing us are predicated.

bkepley

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 02:53:41 am »
Too bad it's never as simple as that.

Sorry but I should have said "God's mercy has been granted us that it is more difficult than the demagogues pretend".

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 02:57:09 am »
I didn't ask you to justify your opinion...I'm curious if you think most voters or most GOP voters think illegal immigration is the pivotal issue upon which all other issues facing us are predicated.

I'm not aligncare but from my perspective I will say that they see illegal immigration as a huge factor in most every issue so I would say yes to your question.

- J. R. R. Tolkien