Author Topic: Thomas Masters, Florida mayor, wants to rename ‘racist’ Old Dixie Highway after Obama  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Paladin

"The Riviera Beach City Council in South Florida will vote Wednesday on the mayor’s proposal to rename Old Dixie Highway after President Obama.

“Each member will vote Yay or Nay to rid this city of a street name that still invokes memories of racism and slavery in the Old South” said Mayor Thomas Masters, a local NBC affiliate reported.

The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in City Hall Chambers in Riviera Beach.

“We’re in the Dr. Martin Luther King celebrations in the city,” Mr. Masters said in January, The Palm Beach Post reported. “What better way to celebrate his legacy than to get rid of what he died for, which was getting rid of old Dixie.”

The mayor noted at the time that Old Dixie Highway intersects Martin Luther King Boulevard in the city, and “this may be one of the few places in America where you have a Barack Obama intersecting with Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard.” "

http://uslatestnews.org/news/2015/aug/19/thomas-masters-florida-mayor-wants-to-rename-racis/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Mayor Thomas "Masters".

Slaves have "masters".

The Mayor should change his name.  That's racist!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Jury Finds Pastor Liable In Rape
$2.25 Million Is Awarded To Accuser
May 27, 1998|By NICOLE STERGHOS and MARIAN DOZIER Staff Writers
A civil court jury awarded $2.25 million to a mentally disabled man on Tuesday, finding that a prominent Riviera Beach pastor raped him, and that his church and a deacon failed to investigate the charges.

The bombshell verdict, coming after 10 1/2 hours of deliberation over two days, capped an emotionally charged, three-week trial that was heavily attended by supporters of the Rev. Thomas Masters.

But it's not over yet.

The six jurors are to return on Thursday to determine how much Masters, the New Macedonia Baptist Church and Deacon Joseph Lawrence owe in punitive damages.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Jury Finds Pastor Liable In Rape
$2.25 Million Is Awarded To Accuser
May 27, 1998|By NICOLE STERGHOS and MARIAN DOZIER Staff Writers
A civil court jury awarded $2.25 million to a mentally disabled man on Tuesday, finding that a prominent Riviera Beach pastor raped him, and that his church and a deacon failed to investigate the charges.

The bombshell verdict, coming after 10 1/2 hours of deliberation over two days, capped an emotionally charged, three-week trial that was heavily attended by supporters of the Rev. Thomas Masters.

But it's not over yet.

The six jurors are to return on Thursday to determine how much Masters, the New Macedonia Baptist Church and Deacon Joseph Lawrence owe in punitive damages.

And then he is elected Mayor.  Incredible!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline famousdayandyear

I reckon Old Dixie Highway is toast.

Godzilla

I reckon Old Dixie Highway is toast.

I want to rename it... to "Mr. Meowserpants says hello highway"