Author Topic: Donald Trump undermines his own immigration policy  (Read 1971 times)

bkepley

Donald Trump undermines his own immigration policy
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:51:38 pm »
Jeremy Diamond
CNN

Donald Trump appeared to contradict his own immigration policy proposal Tuesday, just two days after releasing a detailed outline of his plans.

Trump said he wants foreigners who study at American universities to be able to stay in the U.S., but his immigration plan released Sunday would make it more difficult for foreigners to obtain certain visas and green cards that would allow them to remain and work in the U.S. legally.

"When foreigners attend our great colleges & want to stay in the U.S., they should not be thrown out of our country," Trump tweeted on Tuesday. "I want talented people to come into this country -- to work hard and become citizens. Silicon Valley needs engineers, etc."

When foreigners attend our great colleges & want to stay in the U.S., they should not be thrown out of our country.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 18, 2015

I want talented people to come into this country—to work hard and to become citizens. Silicon Valley needs engineers, etc.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 18, 2015
But in a section of his immigration proposal entitled "Put American Workers First," Trump blames "the influx of foreign workers" for keeping salaries from growing, keeping unemployment high and making it difficult for "poor and working class Americans ... to earn a middle class wage."

More here: http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/donald-trump-immigration-policy-tweets/

Uh oh...but I'm pretty sure his followers won't hold it against him.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Donald Trump undermines his own immigration policy
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »
Uh oh...but I'm pretty sure his followers won't hold it against him.

And we'll try not to hold your inability to distinguish between legal immigration of the best and brightest and illegal immigration of the poorest and least-educated against you...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 10:38:14 pm »
And we'll try not to hold your inability to distinguish between legal immigration of the best and brightest and illegal immigration of the poorest and least-educated against you...

Oh no Sir Dan...allowing thosr best and brightest in has infuriated the right.  You are in denial.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 10:50:50 pm »

:thumbsup3:

Godzilla

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:29:12 pm »
It makes perfect sense.

"I want talented people to come into this country -- to work hard and become citizens. Silicon Valley needs engineers, etc."

For illegals cannot be talented and cannot work hard.

Obviously!

:broc: - derp.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 12:27:02 am »
It makes perfect sense.

"I want talented people to come into this country -- to work hard and become citizens. Silicon Valley needs engineers, etc."

For illegals cannot be talented and cannot work hard.

Obviously!

:broc: - derp.

Ah yes, the special pleading fallacy.

Good one...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 12:32:48 am »

Good one...

You seem a little confused Sir Dan.  I suggest you stop and re-consider but of course we'd never ask such a thing of The Donald.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 12:36:48 am »
You seem a little confused Sir Dan.  I suggest you stop and re-consider but of course we'd never ask such a thing of The Donald.

You seem a little lacking for relevant responses, bk.

I suggest you stop and re-consider your opposition to arguments just because Trump made them.

Godzilla

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 12:51:18 am »

Good one...

I'm confused... illegals can be hard-working and talented?

But then... Trump would want them here.

But he doesn't.

So they aren't.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 12:52:51 am »

But he doesn't.

So they aren't.

I know... it's pretty complicated...

Godzilla

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 12:58:44 am »
I know... it's pretty complicated...

No!  Trump said that the hard-working and talented foreigners should be in our country!

How dare you say Trump is wrong!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:00:58 am by Godzilla »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 01:01:08 am »
No!  Trump said that the hard-working and talented foreigners should be in our country!

Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump!

He will change his mind next month..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 01:01:52 am »

But he doesn't.

So they aren't.

So... are you confused or not?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:03:19 am by GourmetDan »

bkepley

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 01:02:50 am »
You seem a little lacking for relevant responses, bk.

I suggest you stop and re-consider your opposition to arguments just because Trump made them.
No no no Dan... don't you recall the great war over H1B?  Well of course not.  Then you would have to admit that The Donald sounds like a pretty conventional (hence hated) politician after all and not Puff the Magick Dragon.

Godzilla

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 01:05:24 am »

He will change his mind next month..

Trump is love. Trump is life.  (Apologies to Shrek... and YouTube.  Though, Trump is very much the political version of that video.  Note: NSFW)

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 01:06:53 am »
No no no Dan... don't you recall the great war over H1B?  Well of course not.  Then you would have to admit that The Donald sounds like a pretty conventional (hence hated) politician after all and not Puff the Magick Dragon.

Puff the Magick Dragon, eh?  Do you even know that there is a difference between legal immigration and H1B visas?

You still seem a little lacking for relevant responses, bk.

I again suggest that  you stop and re-consider your opposition to arguments just because Trump made them.

Unless you just love the Perfect Solution Fallacy...

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:08:48 am by GourmetDan »

bkepley

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 01:16:40 am »
Puff the Magick Dragon, eh?  Do you even know that there is a difference between legal immigration and H1B visas?

You still seem a little lacking for relevant responses, bk.

I again suggest that  you stop and re-consider your opposition to arguments just because Trump made them.

Unless you just love the Perfect Solution Fallacy...

So if Trump likes H1B  it's for purely pro-American reasons unlike the others because he said so I mean he's kinda The Donald and all do it's different right?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 01:19:13 am »
So if Trump likes H1B  it's for purely pro-American reasons unlike the others because he said so I mean he's kinda The Donald and all do it's different right?

The Donald does no wrong.. Don't question The Donald..All Hail the Donald!!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 01:20:07 am »

I understand why you would want to shift the discussion away from legal immigration to H1Bs... really I do...

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 01:22:13 am »
I understand why you would want to shift the discussion away from legal immigration to H1Bs... really I do...

In all fairness, his immigration policy will change in a month or two..

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 01:24:38 am »

In all fairness, his immigration policy will change in a month or two..

And Bush I got constant criticism for being too rigid on his "No new taxes" pledge until he changed his mind and got pilloried for that too.

There's a side for every fool...

bkepley

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 01:24:51 am »

No dude not at all...why does Trump and only.Trump get a free pass on the issue of H1B?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 01:27:00 am »
And Bush I got constant criticism for being too rigid on his "No new taxes" pledge until he changed his mind and got pilloried for that too.

There's a side for every fool...

The thing is Trump has changed his plan at least 5 times.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 01:27:30 am »
No dude not at all...why does Trump and only.Trump get a free pass on the issue of H1B?

Why do you get a pass for hijacking the thread?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 01:29:39 am »

The thing is Trump has changed his plan at least 5 times.

That's how you get rich, dude.  You change your plan as conditions warrant.

Perfect Solution really is a logical fallacy...