Author Topic: Rush: Trump Sparks War Within Conservatism  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Trump Sparks War Within Conservatism
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/08/17/trump_sparks_war_within_conservatism

Trump Sparks War Within Conservatism
August 17, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let's go to the audio sound bites, because this is the next phase of this, and that is this internecine war going on within conservatism.

First up, CNN's Reliable Sources on Sunday morning, Brian Stelter the host, and he brought in Jackie Calmes from the New York Times who wrote this big, long piece last week about how talk radio is steering the Republican Party down the wrong path and everybody's afraid of talk radio. The Republican Party, it's just a shame. Washington was so much better before there was talk radio, Washington was so much better before there was Fox News, and now this has messed everything up.

So she's studying the impact of conservative media on national politics, and to start the discussion, Brian Stelter said...

STELTER:  Your main take-away from your research was that -- and your title of your paper, even, They Don't Give a Damn About Governing -- is that these conservative media, uh, powers, the Rush Limbaughs of the world, that th-they're not necessarily interested in what the Republican Party establishment is interested in.  Where does Trump fall in that?  He's clearly anti-establishment.

RUSH:  You see, the title of this? "They Don't Give a Damn About Governing."  Where does this come from?  What does "governing" now mean, being led by liberals?  Is that what governing means?  What does governing mean?  Controlling?  Government is not controlling.  That's what the modern practitioners of it, however, think it is.  We want to be liberated from a controling government.  What does that mean, can't govern?  What does that mean?

"Well, we can't work together with Democrats to get legislation."  Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe we got too many laws. Maybe there's too much legislation. We got too much Obamacare. We got too many EPA regulations. We got too many onerous regulations in the way of people.  We got too many tax laws.  What do you mean, we can't govern?  Seems to me the people that have been governing have making mistakes and botching everything.

From the stimulus to Obamacare to this Iran deal, to everything else Obama's done on the economy, somebody tell me where it's working.  He sure as hell is governing, though.  What does this mean, "don't give a damn about governing"?  I'll tell you what it means.  Conservatives don't care about governing means they're not willing to sit on their hands and let liberals have their way.  So Jackie Calmes, it's her turn to answer. This is what she said.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rush: Trump Sparks War Within Conservatism
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 11:34:22 pm »
Rush is RIGHT!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:38:38 pm »
Rush is RIGHT!

He was terrific, today.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 12:06:07 am »
"You see, the title of this? "They Don't Give a Damn About Governing."  Where does this come from?  What does "governing" now mean, being led by liberals?  Is that what governing means?  What does governing mean?  Controlling?  Government is not controlling.  That's what the modern practitioners of it, however, think it is.  We want to be liberated from a controling government.  What does that mean, can't govern?  What does that mean?"

Rush is shaping the question here.

Rush changes the meaning from governing to 'control by liberals'... and then rallies against his own definition of it.

I hate that sort of demagoguery... "Reform social security?  That's pushing grandma over the cliff!"