Author Topic: Son Of New Mexico Democrat Arrested For Deadly Drive-By Shooting  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

Son Of New Mexico Democrat Arrested For Deadly Drive-By Shooting

Brian Anderson 
August 16, 2015

Democrats aren’t real big on that whole “family values” thing. They think raising children with a moral compass is representative of the war on women, LGBT rights, and whatever other nonsense that upsets them so. I bring this up because the son of a New Mexico democratic lawmaker was just arrested for shooting and killing a teenager in a drive-by shooting.

The Albuquerque Journal reports that 18-year old Donovan Maez, the son of state Rep. Stephanie Maez (D-Albuquerque), was arrested Friday for a deadly shooting in June. It’s not just that Maez had a momentary lapse in judgment; police say he is an accomplished criminal, a hardcore gangbanger, and a drug addict.

On June 26, there was a party of around 15 people at a house in Albuquerque. 17-year old Jaydon Chavez-Silver was sitting on a counter watching his friends play cards when gunshots rang out. 10 rounds pierced the house and one of them struck Chavez-Silver in the neck. He would later die from this wound. Donovan Maez was the shooter.

The apparent motive was that a couple of weeks before the shooting Maez got his ass kicked at the house and someone who lived there owed his homies $500 for drugs. Yeah, Maez runs a drug-dealing crew. Police are calling this drive-by a retaliation. They do not think Chavez-Silver was the intended target.

This case actually garnered some national attention because when one of the partygoers called 911 asking for help with the shooting victim the operator told her to deal with herself:

The incident sparked controversy last month after the Albuquerque Fire Department released a tape of a 911 emergency call in which Sanchez is heard to tell a female caller to “deal with it herself” as she seeks help for a shooting victim.

The caller had told Sanchez she was doing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the male. Sanchez twice asked if the teenager was breathing, according to a recording of the call released to the media.

“He’s barely breathing. How many times do I have to bleep tell you?” the caller said.

“OK, you know what ma’am? You could deal with it yourself. I’m not gonna deal with this, OK?,” he said, before hanging up on her.

In addition to selling drugs and killing people, Maez also has a couple of burglary arrests and one of his family members reported him to police for breaking into cars and being addicted to meth. Oh, and he’s a complete dumbass. Social media posts led to at least one of his burglary arrests and they led police to him in the murder. He, or one of his friends, posted a picture of 10 rounds of ammunition a half hour before the shooting and that caught detectives’ attention.

Maez is charged with an open count of murder, child abuse resulting in great bodily harm or death, three counts of child abuse, assault with intent to commit a violent felony, 10 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, shooting at or from a motor vehicle and conspiracy to commit a first- or second-degree felony.

So what does Maez’s mom have to say about what her terrible parenting has unleashed upon society? Well, this:

“Donovan is my son and I love him very very much. My heart is aching today and I am waiting to see how this difficult situation develops. As we go forward, the love of my family and my faith in God will see us through,” wrote Stephanie Maez in a statement.

It’s interesting that she doesn’t mention her son’s murder victim in this statement. In addition to being a democrat state representative, Stephanie Maez is the chief executive officer at the Center for Civic Policy and the former outreach director for New Mexico Voices for Children, a family advocacy group. How much valuable input could the mother of an 18-year old drug-dealing gangbanging murderer have to offer for civic policy and families and children?

http://downtrend.com/71superb/son-of-new-mexico-democrat-arrested-for-deadly-drive-by-shooting
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:05:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Son Of New Mexico Democrat Arrested For Deadly Drive-By Shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:08:04 pm »
How much valuable input could the mother of an 18-year old drug-dealing gangbanging murderer have to offer for civic policy and families and children?

"He was a good boy, just starting to turn his life around..."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan