Author Topic: Kuwaiti news reports: Seized weapons were smuggled in from Iran  (Read 488 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

The Kuwaiti Interior Ministry said on Thursday that authorities had found ammunition, explosives, weapons and grenades in holes dug under houses in an area near the Iraqi border.
Iran

Flag of Iran. (photo credit:REUTERS)

An immense arms cache that had been seized in Kuwait was smuggled into the country from Iran, two Kuwaiti newspapers reported on Sunday.

The Kuwaiti Interior Ministry said on Thursday that authorities had found ammunition, explosives, weapons and grenades in holes dug under houses in an area near the Iraqi border. Three men who owned the houses were detained.

Al-Anba, one of the country’s most circulated newspapers, reported that the weapons had been smuggled across the border from Iraq for use by members of an Iranian-backed Hezbollah cell.

But the dailies, al-Rai and al-Qabas – citing unnamed sources – made known on Sunday that the weapons had been brought into Kuwait by sea from Iran. They quoted the sources as saying that the new information had come from confessions made by the detainees during interrogation.

Al-Qabas said that the number of suspects held on foot of the investigation has now risen to 13.

“The suspects have disclosed that there is a direct Iranian line in supplying weapons to Kuwait by sea,” al-Rai reported.

The Interior Ministry declined to comment.

Another newspaper, al-Jarida, said that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards had trained members of the cell on the use of weapons and explosives a year ago, along with citizens from Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

The training reportedly look place at an unnamed Red Sea island.

It said the trainees had traveled to the island through a port controlled by Houthis, an Iranian-linked group that controls much of northern Yemen.

Meanwhile, Iran and its allies must do all in their power to curb American influence in the Middle East, a top adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Kuwaiti-news-reports-Seized-weapons-were-smuggled-in-from-Iran-412316
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Kuwaiti news reports: Seized weapons were smuggled in from Iran
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:00:21 am »
Now Iran can wreak even more havoc in the Middle East, thanks to Obama, Jarrett, Kerry, et al.

How did we get to this point?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:05:56 am »
Part run of the mill stupidity by the higher ups, part political expedience by the even higher ups, and a healthy pinch of treason thrown into the mix.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:20:47 am »
Part run of the mill stupidity by the higher ups, part political expedience by the even higher ups, and a healthy pinch of treason thrown into the mix.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:47:45 am »

Yep. 

And I might add a big part of apathy by the fat and happy public.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!