Author Topic: FBI Said to Examine Whether Hillary Clinton E-Mail Was Backed Up  (Read 479 times)

bkepley

Chris Strohm   
Bloomberg

The FBI is seeking to determine whether data from Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's private e-mail server may still exist elsewhere, a U.S. official said.

After acquiring the server on Wednesday, agents are attempting to determine whether e-mails may have been backed up on another machine, said the official, who asked for anonymity. The official said it's one of the next logical steps in the agency's investigation into whether the former secretary of state's private e-mail account handled classified information.

Barbara Wells, an attorney for Platte River Networks, a Denver-based company that has managed Clinton's private e-mail since 2013, said in a phone interview Thursday that the server turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation “is blank and does not contain any useful data.” But Wells added that the data on Clinton's server was migrated to another server that still exists. She ended the interview when questioned further, declining to say whether the data still exists on that other server and who has possession of it.

More here: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-08-14/fbi-said-to-examine-whether-clinton-e-mail-was-backed-up?cmpid=yhoo

Offline Relic

Re: FBI Said to Examine Whether Hillary Clinton E-Mail Was Backed Up
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:57:34 pm »
It's pretty standard practice to take a final backup before decommissioning a server.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:50:32 am »
Of course it's "backed up".

Just ask the NSA...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:00:38 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 02:13:21 am »
Of course it's "backed up".

Just ask the NSA...

000hehehehe
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.