Author Topic: Sorry Donald Trump, Mexico Says it Will Not Pay for Wall on Border  (Read 1148 times)

bkepley

Bloomberg

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto's administration said there's no truth to U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump's assertion that the nation would pay for a wall along the border between the countries.

"Of course it's false," Eduardo Sanchez, Pena Nieto spokesman, said in a telephone interview with Bloomberg. "It reflects an enormous ignorance for what Mexico represents, and also the irresponsibility of the candidate who's saying it."

More here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sorry-donald-trump-mexico-says-014442281.html
Just damn.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Sorry Donald Trump, Mexico Says it Will Not Pay for Wall on Border
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »
If :baghead: doesn't get his way, there will be hell toupe.

He would probably do like he does some of his other failed projects, sell the border to China.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:31 pm »
Trump is spewing hot air on this one.  As a businessman I'm not so sure he actually wants the border closed as he says he does. I believe he wants the illegals to stop pouring into our country but Mexico = $$. Consider this:

** "Mexico was the United States’ 2nd largest goods export market in 2013.

U.S. goods exports to Mexico in 2013 were $226.2 billion, up 4.7% ($10.2 billion) from 2012, and up 132% from 2003. It is up 444% since 1993 (Pre-NAFTA). U.S. exports to Mexico accounted for 14.3% of overall U.S. exports in 2013.

The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2013 were: Machinery ($38.5 billion), Electrical Machinery ($36.7 billion), Mineral Fuel and Oil ($23.0 billion), Vehicles ($21.6 billion), and Plastic ($15.3 billion).

U.S. exports of agricultural products to Mexico totaled $18.1 billion in 2013, the 3rd largest U.S. Ag export market. Leading categories include: corn ($1.8 billion), soybeans ($1.5 billion), dairy products ($1.4 billion), pork and pork products ($1.2 billion), and poultry meat (excluding eggs) ($1.2 billion)."

Mexico was the United States 3rd largest supplier of goods imports in 2013...

***https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:48:28 pm »
If :baghead: doesn't get his way, there will be hell toupe.

He would probably do like he does some of his other failed projects, sell the border to China.

Don't give him any ideas..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 01:00:53 am »

Don't give him any ideas..

(this is a rerun quote for Kevin)
 If Trump's business history is any indication of how he would actually build the wall, it would start with him lobbying government bureaucrats to steal private citizen's land under eminent domain. Then, he would set up several shell corporations to build the wall under, ensuring all expenses stay under the shell corporation. When complete, (if it is ever completed), he would then use the shell corporations to sell the wall back to himself and have the shell corporations declare bankruptcy, screwing the contractors and footing the remainder of the bill back to the taxpayers. When he sees the wall isn't profitable, he would sell it to China for pennies on the dollar. So end result, the US citizens paid too much for a wall on land stolen from private citizens, which in the end, ends up in China's hands.China would then open the border and charge us for everyone that crosses illegally. If you think this is a fairy tale, it is exactly what happened on the Atlantic City boardwalk. (OK, not exactly, but pretty close).

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 01:10:49 am »
Wait!  Didn't Mexico hear Trump speak forcefully?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 03:17:47 am »
Wait!  Didn't Mexico hear Trump speak forcefully?

:beer:

I hope some honest pundit asks him how he was going to recover the cost of the wall from Mexico...in specifics.

Would hope it would become a policy statement of sorts.  Quite extraordinary, with Barack Obama sitting POTUS.

Is that what you want to hear, Once-Ler?  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 04:09:26 am »
:beer:

I hope some honest pundit asks him how he was going to recover the cost of the wall from Mexico...in specifics.

Would hope it would become a policy statement of sorts.  Quite extraordinary, with Barack Obama sitting POTUS.

Is that what you want to hear, Once-Ler?  :laugh:

All I want to hear, and all I expect, is what you really think.  If I do disagree with you...remember...if I really knew how the voters will vote, I'd be on FNC with a handheld chalkboard.

I actually have a lot of faith in Republican primary voters to pick the right candidate.  If we choose Trump then I'm going to have to admit to myself that our voters see something in him, that I'm not seeing, but it probably is there.

I hope we can keep tapping beer mugs over the next 6 months, my friend. :beer:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 04:22:31 am »
All I want to hear, and all I expect, is what you really think.  If I do disagree with you...remember...if I really knew how the voters will vote, I'd be on FNC with a handheld chalkboard.

I actually have a lot of faith in Republican primary voters to pick the right candidate.  If we choose Trump then I'm going to have to admit to myself that our voters see something in him, that I'm not seeing, but it probably is there.

I hope we can keep tapping beer mugs over the next 6 months, my friend. :beer:

Am going to work real hard to make that happen.   :beer: 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald