Author Topic: Graham opposes gov shutdown over Planned Parenthood  (Read 500 times)

Offline flowers

Graham opposes gov shutdown over Planned Parenthood
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:05:57 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/250934-graham-opposes-government-shutdown-over-planned-parenthood

GOP presidential contender Lindsey Graham told a campaign rally Tuesday that he can’t support a government shutdown over Planned Parenthood, because it would endanger national security.

In a speech on foreign policy in South Carolina, Graham said he is opposed to federal funding on Planned Parenthood but warned a government shutdown would impair “our military, our intelligence community, the people we rely upon to protect us.”

:nometalk:

bkepley

Re: Graham opposes gov shutdown over Planned Parenthood
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:08:36 pm »
Why not, I'm sure he knows he's irrelevant at this point anyway.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:20:00 pm »
He has no core. Doesn't believe in anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 06:34:39 pm »
Too bad that after 6 1/2 years, our elected reps. are incapable of dealing with virtually anything with their Constitutional powers.

Based on results, it appears the democrats are better lawyers and know how to get the most from their Constitutional powers, and the Republicans are not good lawyers, and seem to always get the least from their Constitutional powers.

Don't they know how to withhold something Obama wants, in exchange for something they want? Negotiate, bargain?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »
Too bad that after 6 1/2 years, our elected reps. are incapable of dealing with virtually anything with their Constitutional powers.

Based on results, it appears the democrats are better lawyers and know how to get the most from their Constitutional powers, and the Republicans are not good lawyers, and seem to always get the least from their Constitutional powers.

Don't they know how to withhold something Obama wants, in exchange for something they want? Negotiate, bargain?

Many of them are certain that the US general population is not in favor of using government shutdowns to try to force things your way and I'd say they have good reason for that.  On the other hand they could probe the public by forcing confrontations between the executive and legislative occasionally without actually going over the cliff unless it's clear the public supports the legislative but that would not satisfy the red-meat conservatives either.