Author Topic: Ted Cruz: ‘Foolish’ for GOP to criticize Trump - He says that it is dangerous to dismiss a candidate with this type of drawing power.  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Katie Glueck
Politico
August 10, 2015

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday warned that the Republican presidential candidates who are slamming Donald Trump do so at their political peril.

Cruz’s remarks, which came during an interview with POLITICO as he swings through the South on a bus tour, are among the most detailed comments to date regarding his reluctance to criticize the real estate mogul, who is currently leading the polls in the GOP primary.
More

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Ted Cruz is wise to do this, he stands to benefit most if/when Trump drops out.  I thought he won the debate. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cruz has commented several times that he doesn't want to get into the trashing of his opponents.  I think back at the debate - Paul bashed Trump and then Paul and Christie got into it.  Yes Paul is entitled to voice his opinion but he did it in a way that came across as child-like; especially the roll of the eyes. 

It's obvious Cruz would rather focus on the issues right now rather than waste the time and energy attacking.  He's done nicely in the polls without having to do so.  He also is busy with his Senate duties.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Longiron

Don't be surprised that TRUMP is not a pulling Guard as we head into football season for CRUZ??? :beer:

Offline aligncare

Yes. This is a smart move by Cruz.

Uh, you seem to be saying that it's a good thing for Cruz to be deceptive or insincere, as long as it's in the cause of advancing a political career?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Uh, you seem to be saying that it's a good thing for Cruz to be deceptive or insincere, as long as it's in the cause of advancing a political career?

I truly hope Cruz is not being deceptive or insincere here.

Offline harvardbound

Yeah that's what I thought was being implied but I'm glad to say it's not the case. Cruz is my favorite contemporary Republican. I hope he gets the nomination.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yeah that's what I thought was being implied but I'm glad to say it's not the case. Cruz is my favorite contemporary Republican. I hope he gets the nomination.

Greetings Harvardbound.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Don't be surprised that TRUMP is not a pulling Guard as we head into football season for CRUZ??? :beer:
Offensive linemen have the highest IQs of any position.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

bkepley

bkepley

I am watching Trump tonight on Fox from Michigan and to me it is clear.  Trump has all his life said "do this" and "do that" and hopefully it was done.  He really doesn't have a clue how different it is in high political office.  It's not about a mole in the GOP.  It's about a completly clueless man.  That is all.