Author Topic: Peace in our time: Fox News reportedly in talks with Trump for interview in primetime tonight; Update: Tomorrow morning?  (Read 749 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/10/peace-in-our-time-fox-news-in-talks-with-trump-for-interview-in-primetime-tonight/

Peace in our time: Fox News reportedly in talks with Trump for interview in primetime tonight; Update: Tomorrow morning?
posted at 12:42 pm on August 10, 2015 by Allahpundit

Relax, relax. It’s “highly unlikely” that Megyn Kelly will be doing the interview, per CNN’s sources. I’ll leave it to you to speculate which side is insisting that she not be involved, knowing that a Trump/Kelly interview after the unpleasantness of the last few days would be another ratings blowout for Fox News.

It is “highly unlikely” Trump would appear at 9 p.m. with host Megyn Kelly, the source said, and that’s probably an understatement. Trump has repeatedly and personally insulted Kelly in recent days.

But talks are underway about a Trump interview with another prime time host, like Sean Hannity, the source said, adding that nothing had been confirmed as of Monday morning.

In the meantime, Fox has dramatically ratcheted down its coverage of Trump. It hasn’t covered Trump’s criticisms of Kelly and the two other debate moderators, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier…

Kelly and her bosses at Fox News have said nothing publicly about the “blood” comments. Privately, though, they are disgusted by what Trump said and by the response from some of his supporters. There has been so much invective directed at her on the Internet that it’s created security concerns for Fox.

continued

Update: New from Steve Doocy:

Steve Doocy

@SteveDoocy

FOX NEWS ALERT: watch @foxandfriends Tuesday at 7am ET as GOP frontrunner @realDonaldTrump talks about his relationship with @FoxNews
12:46 PM - 10 Aug 2015

“Fox & Friends” is probably the single friendliest program to Trump on Fox. He was a regular weekly guest for awhile, if I’m not mistaken.

Update: To my surprise, some readers seem to be taking what I said above, about Fox being on a mission from the RNC to destroy Trump, seriously. It was meant as sarcasm, which I thought was (really) obvious. The people who’ve been telling me that Fox is out to get him are Trump fans angry at Kelly. I wrote about the silliness of the “Fox is trying to ruin Trump!” theories here.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Gee....if he goes on hope he can give us a update on Cecils  family. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Feel weird saying this, but...after listening to talk radio all day while in the car, I must walk-back my comments on the viability of Donald Trump, as it pertains to women.

Virtually no women voiced a negative opinion about him.  Almost all, whether black or white (and you certainly can hear the difference on radio), claimed they would not continue to support him.  Au contraire.  And there were dozens of good reasons why they're not abandoning him.

Even women are sick to death of political correctness, which the media seems to thrive upon.

They all recognized that Megyn Kelly had an agenda.  She said so in her own words when she said that Donald was "in the arena Thursday night...and so was I".  That "making men and women uncomfortable means I'm in my sweet spot".

The clear winner Thursday night was Roger Ailes.  FOXNEWS was seen by many millions who never took the time to give them a chance.

And as far as Erik Erickson...who subs for Rush Limbaugh now and then, who in the hell does he think he is, deciding on who gets to attend a function for GOP candidates?

Donald Trump ain't going anywhere, folks.   And there doesn't see to be any 'cure'.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:41:17 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

All objectivity aside, women have billions of reasons to be attracted to Donald Trump.

And every one of them have George Washington's picture on them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"In the Arena" was a quote from Theodore Roosevelt, later used by Richard Nixon, if you are interested.

Credit Kelly for the historical citation, in the sequence.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

I have just been taking Trump with a grain of salt until yesterday. I sat down and watched the Cnn, Fox and some of msnbc (msnbc about 5 minutes) I also watched the Hellery  on TV yesterday in her presser saying she didn't know Trump that well but knew Trump.

Trump is a danger. He will run 3rd party and is in cahoots with Hellery. I also listened to a few of his comments from after the debate. Two stood out. When asked about Kelly he said he did the debate and heck he wasn't getting paid. Oh really Donald? Wouldn't the payday be becoming the prez?  He also said he didn't realize that 24mil would be watching. If he was serious it wouldn't matter how many watched. Thus he isn't serious.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:28:29 pm by flowers »