Author Topic: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'  (Read 13650 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2015, 11:48:23 pm »
When Trump came forward on immigration, I like many applauded him. He is correct in his statement if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be discussing illegal immigration in the debate.  Secondly, it brought focus to Sanctuary cities to those who had no idea that they existed or simply had forgotten about them.  He did go to the border and as I understand it, he paid for that out of his own pocket.  He made it known to many who either didn't believe or didn't realize that border patrol's hands are tied courtesy of the government.

He has given hope to the Republican electorate that finally our voice will be heard; Trump hit upon a nerve and because he is Donald Trump the MSM was all over it.  Obviously Washington isn't listening and Trump had enough "attitude" and media attention to say so. 
He is NOT a politician, so he was able to get away with hit and even publicly shunned political correctness which many agree with.  People retracted some of his business; both with his deep pockets it didn't matter.

I don't consider myself a Trump fan, but he deserves some credit.  In the very beginning I questioned his true motives.  Those remain to be seen.  The red flag for me was when he threw up his hands during the debate and declared that he would entertain the thought of running 3rd party.  Sure, a 3rd party can win, but the likelihood of succeeding is slim to none; but it is possible.  In that light, is his motive of running third party to split the GOP vote thus handing the White House to the Dems or is does he truly feel he will have enough votes to where neither party gets enough votes.  At that time, it becomes the decision of the House...I don't see the GOPe electing him, they would put whomever winds up being the GOP nominee.  If that's his intent; he is really taking a long shot, a shot that I just don't see him taking unless he was pretty damn certain and that would leave me to believe that there is more going on than we know.  My gut feeling is that there is more to "The Donald" running ... he's either in Hillary's camp or someone else's.

I dislike his comments toward women.  Those comments have hurt the entire GOP as it has been entrenched in the mind of the liberals that the GOP has waged a war on women.  If you think about it -- so far he has alienated the Latino and female voters from the GOP.  Two classes of people very much needed to win.

The only win I see right now is a Cruz/Fiorina ticket.

So he's a fortune teller too?

In 2005 there was heated debate over the Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005.

In 2007 there was the Secure Borders, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Reform Act of 2007 and an equally heated national debate.

In 2008 McCain and Obama debated the issue.

In 2011 Romney and Perry sparred over immigration.

In 2012 Romney and Obama sparred over immigration in their debate.

Let's not rewrite history.

The issue of immigration has been front and center in politics for years, it wasn't invented by Donald Trump.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2015, 11:52:30 pm »
He did say eyes.  What are you talking about, Luis?

I'm talking about what he said about Megyn Kelly.

No one gives a sh#it about what he said about Chris Wallace, and had he said that Megyn had blood coming out of her eyes, or nose, or ears, no one would give a s#it about that either.

But everyone knows exactly what he meant by "wherever" when it came to Megyn.

When did you become such a Trump apologist?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2015, 11:53:36 pm »
Because I'm interested in the truth, no matter how terrible the person accused of saying something he didn't say may be.

It could happen to you at work if someone assigns a deeper meaning to your words in a conversation.  Again, I believe that words have meaning, and nothing in Trump's previous behavior tells me he wouldn't outright say that Megyn Kelly was menstruating if that's what he actually believed.

You would make a great defense lawyer.

Regardless of the overwhelming evidence against your client, you would defend his innocence......

Words mean things, Carling.  And Trump's words meant things.

That's why analytical people are disgusted by what he said.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2015, 11:54:45 pm »
Because I'm interested in the truth, no matter how terrible the person accused of saying something he didn't say may be.

It could happen to you at work if someone assigns a deeper meaning to your words in a conversation.  Again, I believe that words have meaning, and nothing in Trump's previous behavior tells me he wouldn't outright say that Megyn Kelly was menstruating if that's what he actually believed.

I am seriously laughing.  In what way is Trump threatened?  Maybe he doesn't get to be US president because of his personality issues but so F'ing what ?  I don't understand why any American would be so worried about D FrigginTrump.

Offline Carling

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2015, 12:11:15 am »
I'm talking about what he said about Megyn Kelly.

No one gives a sh#it about what he said about Chris Wallace, and had he said that Megyn had blood coming out of her eyes, or nose, or ears, no one would give a s#it about that either.

He did say she had blood coming out of her eyes.  What are you talking about?

When did you become such a Trump apologist?

As I said, I respect the meaning of words, and don't assume anything.

You don't even know that he did say "blood out of her eyes," yet you're bashing Trump.

Who is debating out of a position of ignorance?  It's not me.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2015, 12:12:41 am »
For those who don't know what the hell they're arguing about in this thread.

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday night. "Blood coming out of her wherever."

Walk it back...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:15:23 am by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2015, 12:13:40 am »

In what way is Trump threatened?

I never said he was threatened.  That's your strawman.  I have no clue what you mean by it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:14:40 am by Carling »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2015, 12:18:50 am »
I never said he was threatened.  That's your strawman.  I have no clue what you mean by it.

Trump suggested that Megyn Kelly was menstruating.

This isn't a Court of Law.

Period.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2015, 12:20:32 am »
He did say she had blood coming out of her eyes.  What are you talking about?

As I said, I respect the meaning of words, and don't assume anything.

You don't even know that he did say "blood out of her eyes," yet you're bashing Trump.

Who is debating out of a position of ignorance?  It's not me.

I'm not bashing Trump. I know exactly what he said, I watched and listened that video.

Offline Carling

« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2015, 12:21:52 am »
Trump suggested that Megyn Kelly was menstruating.

This isn't a Court of Law.

Period.

That's your opinion.

You don't even know what he said.  I'm guessing you're not going to walk it back, but I have to say your ignorance is laughable considering the way you're slamming Trump.  You even posted the YouTube video, yet you obviously didn't even watch it.

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday night. "Blood coming out of her wherever."

As I said, I'm interested in the truth, unlike many others here, apparently. 

The Bimbo Tweet was disgusting, and should be the cause of outrage.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:23:44 am by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2015, 12:25:02 am »
I'm not bashing Trump. I know exactly what he said, I watched and listened that video.

Then why did you say that Trump didn't say she had "blood coming out of her eyes?"

How could you possibly make such an ignorant and easily to disprove statement if you had watched the video?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is making normally rational people say some really dumb things.

Let's hit him on things he's actually said and done, OK, and get him out of the race that way?  This assumptive attack actually makes him sympathetic to people.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:26:43 am by Carling »

bkepley

« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2015, 12:29:50 am »
Then why did you say that Trump didn't say she had "blood coming out of her eyes?"

How could you possibly make such an ignorant and easily to disprove statement if you had watched the video?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is making normally rational people say some really dumb things.

Let's hit him on things he's actually said and done, OK, and get him out of the race that way?  This assumptive attack actually makes him sympathetic to people.

Fox is re-showing the whole thing right now and Trump still seems like an idiot to me.

Offline Carling

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2015, 12:33:44 am »
Fox is re-showing the whole thing right now and Trump still seems like an idiot to me.

He's an absolute buffoon and is a disgrace to the GOP.

I can hold that opinion while also not acting like I'm outraged over an assumption I may make to what Trump said.

Also, Luis clearly didn't watch or listen to the audio, though, so at this point I have to assume he's lying to me.

That sucks, because I tend to give everyone here outside of Dexter the benefit of the doubt in terms of their honesty.

Luis posted something that is patently false.  He's done it twice today, actually.  The first was in the thread where sinkspur posted an inaccurate quote, I pointed it out, and he jumped on me and said the quote was factual.  It literally was not factual.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:36:33 am by Carling »

bkepley

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2015, 12:44:41 am »

I can hold that opinion while also not acting like I'm outraged over an assumption I may make to what Trump said.

Also, Luis clearly didn't watch or listen to the audio, though, so at this point I have to assume he's lying to me.

That sucks, because I tend to give everyone here outside of Dexter the benefit of the doubt in terms of their honesty.

Luis posted something that is patently false.  He's done it twice today, actually.  The first was in the thread where sinkspur posted an inaccurate quote, I pointed it out, and he jumped on me and said the quote was factual.  It literally was not factual.

One more thing..I think Kelly is kinda hot....Trump is not...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2015, 12:53:47 am »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2015, 12:56:07 am »

Agreed.  I may have missed a few posts but it seems to me we are arguing a difference without a distinction.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline evadR

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2015, 01:02:02 am »
Sorry you took it so hard MLady.
We'll let the future take care of itself.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2015, 01:27:00 am »
While we obsess over Trump's latest bombastic comment, or whine about who was mean to whom during the debate, Obama continues destroying the country.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2015, 01:39:15 am »
That's your opinion.

You don't even know what he said.  I'm guessing you're not going to walk it back, but I have to say your ignorance is laughable considering the way you're slamming Trump.  You even posted the YouTube video, yet you obviously didn't even watch it.

As I said, I'm interested in the truth, unlike many others here, apparently. 

The Bimbo Tweet was disgusting, and should be the cause of outrage.

I know exactly what he said.

He suggested that Megyn Kelly was menstruating.

I'm not sure what your problem is.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2015, 01:41:21 am »

Let me use Trump speak 'cause it appears that's all you understand.

############# (removed by Mod)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:56:47 am by Mod2 »

Offline Carling

« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2015, 01:41:36 am »
I know exactly what he said.

He suggested that Megyn Kelly was menstruating.

I'm not sure what your problem is.

You're the one making that assumption, and you've already lied twice to me today.

You're better than this, Luis.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2015, 01:53:47 am »
Sorry you took it so hard MLady.
We'll let the future take care of itself.

Took what so hard?

I didn't take anything hard.

You're the one emotionally involved here.  Not me.

I'm just peachy.  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2015, 01:57:26 am »
Watch the language and personal attacks!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2015, 01:59:02 am »
Like I said in an earlier post:

Rantin' 'n' ravin', right out of the freerepublic mold!

One thing I can say for Mr. Trump:
You know you're over the target, when you're drawin' all the flak!

Carry on!  :)

Offline Carling

« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2015, 02:05:01 am »
Watch the language and personal attacks!

Is pointing out someone clearly lied to me twice today a personal attack?  I ask, because I'd like to know the answer.