Author Topic: Trump sets off conservative backlash; 'disinvited' from RedState; Fiorina defends Megyn Kelly ....By Byron York  (Read 1394 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2569866

Trump sets off conservative backlash; 'disinvited' from RedState; Fiorina defends Megyn Kelly
By Byron York • 8/8/15 8:28 AM

ATLANTA — Donald Trump's attacks on Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly are backfiring among the conservatives who form the base of his support in the 2016 presidential race. Late Friday night, RedState founder Erick Erickson announced that he has withdrawn Trump's invitation to appear at the annual RedState Gathering here in Atlanta. At roughly the same time, rising Republican candidate Carly Fiorina, the only woman in the GOP 2016 presidential race, announced that she stands with Kelly against Trump's attacks.

The moves come after Trump escalated his criticism of Kelly for her sharp questioning of him at Thursday night's Republican debate in Cleveland. Immediately after the debate, Trump met reporters to complain about Kelly's questions focusing on disparaging statements he has made about women. "The questions to me were not nice," Trump said. "I didn't think they were appropriate. And I thought Megyn behaved very badly, personally."

Not long later, in the wee hours of Friday morning, Trump extended the attack by calling Kelly a "bimbo" on Twitter. "The biggest loser in the debate was Megyn Kelly," Trump tweeted. "You can't out trump Donald Trump. You will lose!" And: "Fox viewers give low marks to bimbo Megyn Kelly will consider other programs!"

Trump spent much of Friday bashing Kelly. One of those attacks came on CNN, in which he said of Kelly: "She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever."

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Trump is so freaking stupid you can't help but laugh at some of the things he says.

Offline libertybele

Trump is so freaking stupid you can't help but laugh at some of the things he says.

Obviously he's got enough smarts to get where he is.  He made comments in his responses that really allowed him to avoid actually answering the questions.  I see his attack on Kelly as simply dividing the electorate.  Based on his debate performance, I have little doubt now that Trump's sole purpose in entering the race was to tap into the disgust with politicians by voters and running 3rd party; ensuring Clinton the vote.

He has followers who regardless of what he spews continue to support him.  If he runs 3rd party, I highly doubt he would have enough votes to make a shortfall for both sides and would hurt the GOP candidate.  I don't see him taking away votes from Hillary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

Obviously he's got enough smarts to get where he is.  He made comments in his responses that really allowed him to avoid actually answering the questions.  I see his attack on Kelly as simply dividing the electorate.  Based on his debate performance, I have little doubt now that Trump's sole purpose in entering the race was to tap into the disgust with politicians by voters and running 3rd party; ensuring Clinton the vote.

He has followers who regardless of what he spews continue to support him.  If he runs 3rd party, I highly doubt he would have enough votes to make a shortfall for both sides and would hurt the GOP candidate.  I don't see him taking away votes from Hillary.

People can be smart in one way and dumb in another and either it's all an act or he is dumb in "another".  I seriously doubt it's all an act.  Those stupid insults always spill out when someone gets the better of him.  Anyway I'm serious about him being funny.  How can you ponder that "blood coming out wherever" and not laugh?  Someone blamed it on his being a New Yorker.  I guess NY is kind of another world then

Offline flowers

Geez......I remember when Kelly got that time slot. I was happy. Then I watched her. She is far from being conservative, just like most of Fox these days.  I still think Trump will run 3rd party. Thus giving the left the WH forever and ever.

Offline Longiron

I hope your hatred or strong dislike for TRUMP was in a fit of anger at the keyboard by calling TRUMP 'stupid". If he is 'stupid" most would want a whole bunch of that "stupid". You have to be smarter that that because you can type on a computer???? Judgment, well lets not go there?? :silly:

Offline sinkspur

I hope your hatred or strong dislike for TRUMP was in a fit of anger at the keyboard by calling TRUMP 'stupid". If he is 'stupid" most would want a whole bunch of that "stupid". You have to be smarter that that because you can type on a computer???? Judgment, well lets not go there?? :silly:

There you go. No matter what this knuckle-dragger says, you defend him.  You are seeing what you want to see in Trump, not who he actually is. He's a stalking horse for Hillary Clinton.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
flowers wrote above:
[[ I still think Trump will run 3rd party. Thus giving the left the WH forever and ever. ]]

I don't think it really matters, one way or the other.

The left knows it's getting close to this goal.

What makes it all the more dismaying is that the Republicans seem to be hell-bent on helping the left achieve that goal.

I'll play the devil's advocate:
Suppose Trump does "go third party".
Could the Republican candidate actually end up coming in third?

BTW, this scenario played out in my state (Connecticut) only a few election cycles ago, when a leftie beat out Joe Lieberman for the democratic nomination to be Senator, and Lieberman ran as a "third party" candidate. The Republican actually came in third. Want to take a guess at the percentage of the vote he received?

bkepley

flowers wrote above:
[[ I still think Trump will run 3rd party. Thus giving the left the WH forever and ever. ]]

I don't think it really matters, one way or the other.

The left knows it's getting close to this goal.

What makes it all the more dismaying is that the Republicans seem to be hell-bent on helping the left achieve that goal.

I'll play the devil's advocate:
Suppose Trump does "go third party".
Could the Republican candidate actually end up coming in third?

BTW, this scenario played out in my state (Connecticut) only a few election cycles ago, when a leftie beat out Joe Lieberman for the democratic nomination to be Senator, and Lieberman ran as a "third party" candidate. The Republican actually came in third. Want to take a guess at the percentage of the vote he received?

Trump is a joke.  Lieberman was not.  I'd most certainly vote Lieberman over Trump.