Author Topic: Fox gives Trump, er Fox, most speaking time during first debate  (Read 1383 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Fox gives Trump, er Fox, most speaking time during first debate

"Time analysis compiled by a university political researcher finds frontrunner Donald Trump dominated last night’s Republican presidential debate, that is, if you don’t count the moderators."

If you think this 'just happened'... you would never ask why it was so...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:57:26 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Fox gives Trump, er Fox, most speaking time during first debate
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 03:44:51 pm »
Fox was the biggest loser in the debates last night. They were out for Trump, who did himself few favors, but the hatchet job was a disservice to the whole nomination process. I can't believe how petty middle school drama queen they were.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 03:51:28 pm »
I can't believe how petty middle school drama queen they were.

That's my point.

It was done that way for a purpose and we should be asking ourselves why...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

bkepley

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 03:58:58 pm »
That's my point.

It was done that way for a purpose and we should be asking ourselves why...

Well 1) he's the front runner, 2) He's obnoxious and 3) Everyone was dying to see how he'd respond.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 04:19:27 pm »
The moderators dominated the debate, which is always a disaster.  I think they were all trying to be Candy Crowley.  Ironically, they should be at CNN.

Mr. Ailes obviously orchestrated the attempt to take Trump out in this debate.   Instead of letting Trump hurt himself naturally, Trump looks more like the victim of an ambush by the country club Rinos.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 04:52:57 pm »
The moderators dominated the debate, which is always a disaster.  I think they were all trying to be Candy Crowley.  Ironically, they should be at CNN.

Mr. Ailes obviously orchestrated the attempt to take Trump out in this debate.   Instead of letting Trump hurt himself naturally, Trump looks more like the victim of an ambush by the country club Rinos.

It was only marginally about Trump and more about casting the GOP and Faux News as a bunch of clowns.

Wanna bet the Demonrat debates are far more 'civil'... whenever they happen?

Think that will be unscripted as well?

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 04:57:36 pm »

Right.  It was the dastardly Ailes looking like a fool up there, not Trump.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 05:12:09 pm »
Right.  It was the dastardly Ailes looking like a fool up there, not Trump.

Trump won the debate according to Drudge and Time.  He had his highs and lows, but overall did not look like a fool. 

bkepley

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 05:24:29 pm »
Trump won the debate according to Drudge and Time.  He had his highs and lows, but overall did not look like a fool.

I doubt it.  Not what I saw.  Drudge's was not a scientific poll and I doubt Time's was.