Author Topic: Depressing poll of the day: Public opinion of Planned Parenthood basically unchanged after videos  (Read 2064 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/05/depressing-poll-of-the-day-public-opinion-of-planned-parenthood-basically-unchanged-after-videos/

Depressing poll of the day: Public opinion of Planned Parenthood basically unchanged after videos
posted at 7:21 pm on August 5, 2015 by Allahpundit

I was just thinking yesterday: Despite Obama’s disastrous Iran deal, Trumpmania wrecking the GOP’s presidential field, and the fact that I’ll be stuck watching the season finale of “True Detective” on Sunday night, life hasn’t been nearly as discouraging as this eeyore would like lately.

Fortunately, there’s always good ol’ YouGov to give me a shot of despair when I need one.

Barely a flutter in the polls despite weeks of news about PP doctors chattering about selling dismembered baby parts. There seemed to be two likely explanations for that. One: The word wasn’t getting out to the broader public. This is a story that most mainstream reporters are verrrrry uncomfortable with given how it challenges the orthodoxy of their preferred political party. They’re not going to cover it, and you can’t move the polls if the only place to find this story is on right-wing blogs. Two: Even among those who have heard about the videos, the absence of any smoking gun of criminal behavior is giving PP fans a cognitive “out” to continue supporting them. Sure, they’ll crush a baby’s chest cavity just right to preserve the liver for sale, and sure, it’s unclear precisely how well informed its patients are about that, but there’s no law against it if it’s for research purposes, is there? Well, there you go. What’s on TV?

continued

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

It's reality. The media is FAR stronger than they get credit for. The exposure of the revolting activities of PP is:
Out of context
Heavily edited
Illegal activity by anti-abortion extremists
Ignored

The average American doesn't know.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If this had been Cecil the Lion and friends parts, it might have gotten more traction.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The media has done an outstanding job in suppressing this story
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Based on some responses I've heard in the last few days, Progressives (a) deny that PP did anything illegal or wrong, or (b) allege that the recordings made by CMP have been somehow edited or presented out of context, or (c) suggest that whatever occurred doesn't matter because abortions only represent "3%" of PP's services, and/or (d) accuse conservatives/GOP members of wanting to deny all women "access to health care".

In other words: their minds are made up; don't confuse them with facts. And in classic Alinskyite fashion, if you dare disagree with them, then you are a misogynistic bastard who hates women, especially poor black women, and want to ban birth control.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

Agree with the above posts that the media has succeeded in completely suppressing this gruesome story, so Americans go merrily on their way, not even knowing that Planned Parenthood is a monstrous organization and butchers living human beings, selling their organs for profit.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

Offline GourmetDan

Time to "flee to the mountains", I think...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

Time to "flee to the mountains", I think...
That is where I live................unfortunately the amount of people who live here year around has really increased in the last year. 

Offline GourmetDan

That is where I live................unfortunately the amount of people who live here year around has really increased in the last year.

I meant that as an indirect reference to 'End Times escape the wrath to come' scriptures.

Astonishing how evil people have become... and so quickly it seems...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Very interesting.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Relic

I meant that as an indirect reference to 'End Times escape the wrath to come' scriptures.

Astonishing how evil people have become... and so quickly it seems...

Evil flourishes when the good do nothing.

40 years of leftist indoctrination have left 2 generations incapable of distinguishing evil, or responding to it.

2 generations is a long time, we're just old, that's why it seems like the changes have come so fast.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Evil flourishes when the good do nothing.

40 years of leftist indoctrination have left 2 generations incapable of distinguishing evil, or responding to it.

2 generations is a long time, we're just old, that's why it seems like the changes have come so fast.

That's some of it, but basically the Boomers are on the downhill pole in terms of demographics, yet the GOP won in '10.

It really boils down to urban v. rural and the shift of the population to the cities. The more rural, generally the more conservative. The cities just keep growing and the rural shrinking and the values shift with it. That an general apathy among those generations who don't think there is a solution.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:43:37 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I posted several items about this on my Facebook - and I got a couple of "likes".  That's all. 

But I can post cute pictures of kittens and puppies and get lots of "likes"!

**nononono* 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

I posted several items about this on my Facebook - and I got a couple of "likes".  That's all. 

But I can post cute pictures of kittens and puppies and get lots of "likes"!

**nononono*

That's what I'm finding, alice.  I've posted a number of items, articles, etc. and they've been pretty much ignored.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's what I'm finding, alice.  I've posted a number of items, articles, etc. and they've been pretty much ignored.

I don't think it's so much ignored as censored by FB!  They have ways of making sure that very few people see things you post that they don't like!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:14:50 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I don't think it's so much ignored as censored by FB!  They have ways of making sure that very few people see things you post that they don't like!

:pondering:

Never thought of that.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

That could very well be, Bigun.  As andy said in a wise post, the propaganda is in the silence, and what you don't allow people to know.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
If this had been Cecil the Lion and friends parts, it might have gotten more traction.

Not might have been - had this been puppies the outrage would have been deafening and would have continued until new laws were enacted.  Given the state of America today, I'm actually surprised their favorability didn't increase.  Give it a little time, it will be up...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That could very well be, Bigun.  As andy said in a wise post, the propaganda is in the silence, and what you don't allow people to know.

Never-the -less we must continue to do all we can!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Never-the -less we must continue to do all we can!

I'm sharing that on FB today, Bigun.

We CANNOT be silent!!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm sharing that on FB today, Bigun.

We CANNOT be silent!!

Good! I've been doing so for a while now and the more the merrier! The can't stop us all!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Good! I've been doing so for a while now and the more the merrier! The can't stop us all!

But they're sure trying to!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
But they're sure trying to!

Of course they are! The truth will destroy them and the know it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien