Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren to Republicans Did You Fall Down Hit Your Head and Wake Up In 1950's  (Read 2610 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IH2SRYykW8&feature=youtu.be

Published on Aug 3, 2015

elizabeth warren took to the senate floor and SLAMMED republicans for the plan to defund planned parenthood as an attack on women's rights. elizabeth warren rips republicans for trying to take away a woman's rights to choose for self. The Senate blocked a Republican drive Monday to terminate federal funds for Planned Parenthood, setting the stage for the GOP to try again this fall amid higher stakes — a potential government shutdown that could echo into next year's presidential and congressional elections. The derailed legislation was the Republican response to videos, recorded secretly by anti-abortion activists, showing Planned Parenthood officials dispassionately discussing how they sometimes provide medical researchers with tissue from aborted fetuses. Those videos have led conservatives to accuse the group of illegally selling the organs for profit — strongly denied by Planned Parenthood — and inserted abortion and women's health into the mix of issues to be argued in the 2016 campaign. Monday's mostly party-line vote was 53-46 to halt Democratic delays aimed at derailing the bill, seven short of the 60 votes the Republicans needed. Even so, the GOP is hoping to reap political gains because the videos have ignited the party's core conservative, anti-abortion voters.

The fight is already creating heated talking points for Republican presidential candidates, who convene Thursday for their first debate of the 2016 campaign. Several of the, including Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Rand Paul of Kentucky, are calling for Congress to end Planned Parenthood's federal payments.

In the longer term, GOP leaders are hoping that three congressional committees' investigations, plus probes in several states and the expected release of additional videos, will produce evidence of Planned Parenthood wrongdoing and make it harder for Democrats to defend the organization. Planned Parenthood provides contraception, testing for sexually transmitted diseases and abortions in clinics from coast to coast.

Democrats' were largely muted when the videos were first distributed, but their defense of Planned Parenthood has grown more robust in recent days. During Monday's debate, they sounded a theme they have employed in recent elections, characterizing the GOP drive as an assault on health care for women.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Just more liberal psycho-babble. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Take me back to 1953.

I mean that.

How's that, Lizzie?

Offline EdinVA

Take me back to 1953.

I mean that.

How's that, Lizzie?

Remember, she is native american so that is racist..  :nono:

Online mountaineer

She hit her head and woke up thinking she was a squaw.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline xfreeper

Take me back to 1953.

I mean that.

How's that, Lizzie?

LOL  I was just thinking I wish I was back in 1950

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
LOL  I was just thinking I wish I was back in 1950

LOL!  Me too!

Can still remember sitting on the rug in the living room in front of a 13 inch B&W television, watching Willie Mays make that catch in deep center field with his back to the plate.  I think it was 1954.   

We'd get so excited, after watching the world series, we'd go out and play catch.  In the snow.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
LOL!  Me too!

Can still remember sitting on the rug in the living room in front of a 13 inch B&W television, watching Willie Mays make that catch in deep center field with his back to the plate.  I think it was 1954.   

We'd get so excited, after watching the world series, we'd go out and play catch.  In the snow.  LOL!

We were ALL Americans then!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

LOL!  Me too!

WOW  You had a TV  You must have been rich. We had a radio....until I took it apart to try and see how they worked. My parents were PISSED!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
WOW  You had a TV  You must have been rich. We had a radio....until I took it apart to try and see how they worked. My parents were PISSED!

LOL~   I was 8 years old...and not the least mechanically inclined.

Times were tough back then.   Had to walk thru 12 feet of burnt orange shag carpeting to change the channel.  {{{rimshot}}}

Remember when my father made me keep my hand on the rabbit ears to maintain the picture...  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Paladin

We had a radio....until I took it apart to try and see how they worked. My parents were PISSED!

:mauslaff:
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline PzLdr

LOL~   I was 8 years old...and not the least mechanically inclined.

Times were tough back then.   Had to walk thru 12 feet of burnt orange shag carpeting to change the channel.  {{{rimshot}}}

Remember when my father made me keep my hand on the rabbit ears to maintain the picture...  :laugh:

I remember watching a Yankee game with Pop. Picture went loopy. He calls Mom in from the front of the apartment [he was 5' from the TV, and tells her to fix it. She picked up the rabbit ears over her head and tilted them around and voila, the game's back. He then said, "Don't move. It's only three more innings!" [rim shot - but a true story].
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
December 1954 was the time we moved from Fort Morgan Colorado to La Habra California.

We had TV in Colorado but only two snowy channels from Denver. Once in SoCal we celebrated having seven channels.

We still had that B&W TV when Kennedy was killed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The fifties:
"Take me back, and leave me there"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEujJZwJas

Fine song by Dailey & Vincent...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The 1950s, a time of economic boom times, American excellence, cutting-edge technology and general prosperity. When rock-and-roll was the biggest threat our country faced, Soviet fear-mongering notwithstanding.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

Since you asked, the answer is no.  However, we can understand how it might seem that way to someone with your, shall we say, stunted intellectual capacity.