Author Topic: Rand Paul: I’m the Only GOP Candidate Who Doesn’t Want to ‘Blow Up the World’  (Read 8795 times)

Offline EdinVA

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."

Like taking a knife to a gunfight?
Ok, Dex, let me know that works out for ya.

Nice sentiment but guaranteed to lose.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Nice sentiment but guaranteed to lose.

Extremists from the Middle East will never defeat the United States.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

Well, I am not willing to let you bet my life on that.

Offline Dexter

Well, I am not willing to let you bet my life on that.

No, instead of coming to terms with the fact that your fear is irrational you will continue to support sending soldiers to die.
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

No, instead of coming to terms with the fact that your fear is irrational you will continue to support sending soldiers to die.

Your funny Dex....
Those animals just locked some guys in a cage and lowered them into the water to drown.
They decapitated a bunch of kids recently.
They just killed a bunch of our troops in Chattanooga, or do you buy the administrations BS?
Most of our agency heads are from the ME and we are getting closer everyday to adoption of sharia law.
BO refuses to secure the border
We are not allowed to investigate ANYone from the ME and see just what the hell they are doing here and we are bringing them over by the boatloads every day.

So I would suggest your vision of sugar plums and rainbows is what needs to be examined.

If I was calling the shots, none of ours would die but if left up to our cowards on the hill and the pentagon, yes, that is likely what would happen.

Offline Dexter

Your funny Dex....
Those animals just locked some guys in a cage and lowered them into the water to drown.
They decapitated a bunch of kids recently.
They just killed a bunch of our troops in Chattanooga, or do you buy the administrations BS?

You don't need to convince me that extremists are extreme. My point is more bombs are not going to make extremists go away. Our intervention has only made things worse. ISIS wouldn't be able to do what it does without the equipment we brought to that region.

we are getting closer everyday to adoption of sharia law.

Nonsense. Do you honestly think Americans would accept Sharia law?

BO refuses to secure the border
We are not allowed to investigate ANYone from the ME and see just what the hell they are doing here and we are bringing them over by the boatloads every day.

So I would suggest your vision of sugar plums and rainbows is what needs to be examined.

If I was calling the shots, none of ours would die but if left up to our cowards on the hill and the pentagon, yes, that is likely what would happen.

How do you suppose extremists would go about defeating our entire military, police force and all of the millions of gun owners in the U.S?
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

What is your factual basis for the statement of absolute truth you are making here?

Give us evidence for your assumption that people who kill indiscriminately (and have already done so here in the homeland), who butcher, behead, mutilate, maim, crucify, torture, rape and destroy will never do so here in large enough numbers to defeat us? (btw, they've already done some of this list here as well).

btw, they have already succeeded (along with the PC left) in destroying our spirit with their propaganda.  If the military continues to be degraded as Obama is doing (and Hillary will do), why are you confident that these evil people will not bring their fight more aggressively here, and that in our weakness, they will win?

Is Obama giving you this confident attitude?  Or are you manufacturing it out of whole cloth?

Or, again, do you actually have facts to back up your chutzpah?

(Because there are plenty of facts to refute it).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

From a simpler time:

WWII Unconditional Surrender Declaration

The President and the Prime Minister, after a complete survey of the world war situation, are more than ever determined that peace can come to the world only by a total elimination of German and Japanese war power.  This involves the simple formula of placing the objective of this war in terms of an unconditional surrender by Germany, Italy and Japan.  Unconditional surrender by them means a reasonable assurance of world peace for generations.  Unconditional surrender means not the destruction of the German populace, nor of the Italian or Japanese populace, but does mean the destruction of a philosophy in Germany, Italy, and Japan which is based on the conquest and subjugation of other peoples.

Too bad we didn't have the guts to go all the way in 2001.

Offline flowers

Nonsense. Do you honestly think Americans would accept Sharia law?
  I do not have the link to the article but Seattle is paving the way for sharia loans. Mandatory sharia loans.

Offline Dexter

What is your factual basis for the statement of absolute truth you are making here?

Do you actually understand how advanced and powerful our military is compared to the rest of the world? It's one thing to know we have the best military, but do you realize the scale? I don't see how you could without understanding how asinine it is to suggest that extremists could actually defeat us. They do not posses the means to defeat us.

why are you confident that these evil people will not bring their fight more aggressively here, and that in our weakness, they will win?

They will never be capable of more than a sneak attack. If they actually had an organized army on our soil we would completely obliterate them.

Is Obama giving you this confident attitude?  Or are you manufacturing it out of whole cloth?

I realized our wars in the Middle East are pointless years ago.

-Socrates

bkepley

I agree with that as far as limited warfare goes, it's pointless.  We should have, though, declared war the right way after 911 and I hope we do so after the next 911 or greater scale event.

Offline Dexter

I agree with that as far as limited warfare goes, it's pointless.  We should have, though, declared war the right way after 911 and I hope we do so after the next 911 or greater scale event.

Yeah, we should have gone out of our way to kill more innocent people. That's what Jesus would have done.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Do you actually understand how advanced and powerful our military is compared to the rest of the world? It's one thing to know we have the best military, but do you realize the scale? I don't see how you could without understanding how asinine it is to suggest that extremists could actually defeat us. They do not posses the means to defeat us.

If we choose not to fight them, anyone can win.  It's not a matter of how powerful our military is if we have a CinC who is on the side of the enemy, and a whole host of 'leaders' who are too afraid to even mention the name of the enemy to say we need to fight them.

They will never be capable of more than a sneak attack. If they actually had an organized army on our soil we would completely obliterate them.

Again......... the will to fight is the bottom line, and we don't have it.

So you have elevated your personal 'realization' to the point where it has become, in your mind, 'fact.'

Interesting admission, Dex.......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Yeah, we should have gone out of our way to kill more innocent people. That's what Jesus would have done.

According to your previous posts, you don't believe in Jesus.

Why is it that you bring Him into the conversation?

(And if you are interested in finding out more about the real Jesus, I suggest you read the Old Testament and the book of Revelation to find out what happens to His enemies....)

bkepley

Suppose the next one is a nuke?  What would you do?

Offline Dexter

If we choose not to fight them, anyone can win.  It's not a matter of how powerful our military is if we have a CinC who is on the side of the enemy, and a whole host of 'leaders' who are too afraid to even mention the name of the enemy to say we need to fight them.

Again......... the will to fight is the bottom line, and we don't have it.

If they were here on our soil with an actual army we would decimate them. Do you think our military and police would just throw their guns down and let the terrorists kill them? Do you think gun owners would quietly become obedient to Islam? Your fear is irrational and people are losing their lives because of it.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Why is it that you bring Him into the conversation?

You and others here claim to live by his teachings.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Suppose the next one is a nuke?  What would you do?

You just don't get it. No matter how much death and destruction we bring to the Middle East we will NEVER be immune to terrorism.
-Socrates

bkepley

You and others here claim to live by his teachings.

Typical non-Christian judgment of Christians.  I do it myself and it's not fair.  Not all Christians are pacifists so I imagine it is arguable that Christ was.  Render unto Caesar?

bkepley

You just don't get it. No matter how much death and destruction we bring to the Middle East we will NEVER be immune to terrorism.

So your answer is nothing?  You would do nothing?  Don't be so sure we cannot be as immune to terrorism as we made ourselves immune to fascism if we are willing to do what it takes.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

DUH!!!  May I please ask you to tell us your age?   

That's what war is, Dexter.  Breaking things and killing people.  Lots of things and lots of people.

We're not talking about a pride of Cecils.   We're talking about humans and societies that want to destroy OUR way of life and kill us.

Just because we don't believe in their bullshit insane religious views...which they want to impose on everyone.

You bleeding heart, you.    :chairbang:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Keep it up Dex. I do agree with you that United States is much too powerful a military force to ever succumb to ISIS or any other Islamic extremists on our soil...unless we're talking about Iran + nukes.

bkepley

Keep it up Dex. I do agree with you that United States is much too powerful a military force to ever succumb to ISIS or any other Islamic extremists on our soil...unless we're talking about Iran + nukes.

Who says Isis can't have nukes?

Offline Dexter

So your answer is nothing?  You would do nothing?

What would you do? Kill a lot of innocent people in response? Yeah, let's just nuke them before they nuke us. Kill everybody and let God sort it out, right?

Don't be so sure we cannot be as immune to terrorism as we made ourselves immune to fascism if we are willing to do what it takes.

Fascism is a form of government and terrorism is an extreme act carried out by extremists. They are not the same thing, obviously. Dropping bombs in the Middle East will not protect us from sneak attacks carried out by extremists.
-Socrates

Offline flowers

Do you think our military and police would just throw their guns down and let the terrorists kill them?

That is happening on our soil. Look at that man who killed 4 marines and 1 sailor. The only military guy who shot back is being charged for having and firing a weapon at that military site. Mind you most military people are upset about this but not the ones running the place.