Author Topic: Former Virginia Gov. Gilmore enters White House race  (Read 764 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Virginia Gov. Gilmore enters White House race
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:31:50 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/30/former-virginia-gov-gilmore-enters-white-house-race/

Former Virginia Gov. Gilmore enters White House race
Published July 30, 2015FoxNews.com

Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore formally announced his bid for the White House Thursday, becoming the 17th Republican presidential primary candidate.

"I am a candidate for President because our current Washington leadership is guiding America on a path to decline, and I can reverse that decline," Gilmore said in a video message to supporters.

Gilmore filed paperwork earlier this week with the Federal Election Commission. His announcement comes one week before the first Republican primary debate, hosted by Fox News and Facebook.

Gilmore, a former Army intelligence officer, served as Virginia's governor from 1998 to 2002.

Gilmore joins a robust GOP presidential field that also includes former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, businessman Donald Trump and a dozen others.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: Former Virginia Gov. Gilmore enters White House race
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:37:43 pm »
Why? :pondering:

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23:32 pm »
Why? :pondering:

Because no one else announced their candidacy this week?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 09:28:03 pm »
Gilmore was a decent governor, overall good guy and smart but he has been out of the lime light for decades.
For the life of me I do not understand why he is doing this.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:11:44 pm »
If he makes it to the primaries...this will split the vote nicely.   **nononono*

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »
He's doing it for the same reason that others who know that don't have a chance ... money.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 10:23:00 pm »
He's doing it for the same reason that others who know that don't have a chance ... money.

Or ego.  He probably looked at the rest and said "hey, why not?".

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 11:04:44 pm »
He's more of a "who?" than Kasich.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org