Author Topic: Hillary’s Haircut Cost More Than ‘Everyday Americans’ Earn In A Week  (Read 1268 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary’s Haircut Cost More Than ‘Everyday Americans’ Earn In A Week

Robert Gehl 
July 30, 2015

Hillary Clinton’s latest outreach to “everyday Americans” appears to be getting a haircut that cost more than most of those Americans make in a week.

The New York Post is reporting Clinton and her entourage of Secret Service agents and campaign staff put a ritzy New York salon on lockdown while the Democratic frontrunner got a $600 haircut.

A source said, “Staff closed off one side of Bergdorf’s so Hillary could come in privately to get her hair done. An elevator bank was shut down so she could ride up alone, and then she was styled in a private area of the salon. Other customers didn’t get a glimpse. Hillary was later seen with a new feathered hairdo.”

The paper reported a haircut from owner John Barrett costs $600. If she wants hair color (and she admits she dyes her grey hair), that’s an extra $600.

She’s been going to the same stylist for decades, apparently, up in Chappaqua. It’s not known if she got a discount for being, well, you know … Hillary at this new salon.

In the e-mails that Hillary deigned to release, the Chappaqua stylist is repeatedly referred to as “Santa.” His name is Santa Nikkels.

As you’ll recall, when Bill was president, he delayed traffic at Los Angeles International Airport to get a haircut in 1993 while sitting on the tarmac in Air Force One. The haircut cost $200 and shut down two runways for an hour.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/hillarys-haircut-cost-more-than-everyday-americans-earn-in-a-week

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:11:28 pm by rangerrebew »

bkepley

Well she's getting royally screwed.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
This is what I'm talking about when I say the GOP needs to limit its outrage. Nobody will take you seriously if you turn everything into controversy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:18:52 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Who knew a $600 haircut could look the same as my $35 cut?  Usually, when I see pictures of Hillary, her hair looks like $hit.  But then, she usually looks like she has a hangover too. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

This is what I'm talking about when I say the GOP needs to limit its outrage.

I don't know...I think pointing out Hillary's hypocrisy about the wealthy might be a good tactic with the independents.

Offline Dexter

I don't know...I think pointing out Hillary's hypocrisy about the wealthy might be a good tactic with the independents.

It's really not; focus on real issues that really matter. Nobody that is on the fence about Hillary is going to make a decision based on the price of her haircuts. I think a lot of independents would read this and think "Is that really all they've got on Hillary?" Truth be told I think it makes the GOP look like hypocrites because you all know damn well that right wing politicians are getting expensive haircuts too.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:25:12 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

bkepley

Truth be told I think it makes the GOP look like hypocrites because you all know damn well that right wing politicians are getting expensive haircuts too.

The right is not always trying to portray itself as an enemy of the rich.  I'm not saying GOP politicians should say anything about it.  Just think it might be a good tactic for conservatives to tweek her about her hypocrisy.

Offline Dexter

The right is not always trying to portray itself as an enemy of the rich.  I'm not saying GOP politicians should say anything about it.  Just think it might be a good tactic for conservatives to tweek her about her hypocrisy.

This is the part where people start calling me a liberal because reality happens to be in Hillary's favor in this particular instance. She can want to redistribute wealth and spend her own wealth at the same time without being a hypocrite. Bill Gates wants taxes to go up for the rich. Does that mean he's a hypocrite for flying in a private jet? No, it doesn't. There are ways to point out the fact that she is a shady hypocrite, but this is not one of them. This just makes the GOP look petty and desperate.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:34:48 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

bkepley

This is the part where people start calling me a liberal because reality happens to be in Hillary's favor in this particular instance. She can want to redistribute wealth and spend her own wealth at the same time without being a hypocrite. Bill Gates wants taxes to go up for the rich. Does that mean he is a hypocrite for flying in a private jet? No, it doesn't. There are ways to point out the fact that she is a shady hypocrite, but this is not it. This just makes the GOP look petty and desperate.

To you I guess.  I love it when conservative authors write about Hillary and Warren's hypocrisy.  We see things differently on this and neither one of us knows how independents see it.

Offline Dexter

I love it when conservative authors write about Hillary and Warren's hypocrisy.

So do I, but this is not actual hypocrisy. Getting an expensive haircut doesn't put her at odds with her own positions.
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

and spend her own wealth
One of the first comments I read about Hillary's pricey haircut was, "Whose money did she spend on it?" Certainly, this is a minor thing to criticize, compared to Benghazi, the emails, the shady Clinton Foundation and all her other skeletons, but some voters actually can be swayed by one thing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

bkepley

So do I, but this is not actual hypocrisy. Getting an expensive haircut doesn't put her at odds with her own positions.

You are over-analyzing it and I don't think most voters do that.  Keep on pointing out that Hillary is a money grubbing Evita Peron and not a Mother Theresa friend of the poor.  It works because it's true.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
To you I guess.  I love it when conservative authors write about Hillary and Warren's hypocrisy.  We see things differently on this and neither one of us knows how independents see it.

I'd say it's a mixed bag.  Some independents see it as hypocrisy and others don't.  That's why I identify as independent, I don't automatically fall into one pigeonhole or the other.  When I see a wealthy person getting "preachy" about how the 1% lives high on the hog - while the poor keep getting poorer (and I see this A LOT) - my first thought is always, "then why don't you give all of your money to the poor - you're so concerned about it, why are you hanging on to YOUR money".  It does look hypocritical to me.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Dexter

You are over-analyzing it and I don't think most voters do that.

Fair point I guess.
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

One of the first comments I read about Hillary's pricey haircut was, "Whose money did she spend on it?" Certainly, this is a minor thing to criticize, compared to Benghazi, the emails, the shady Clinton Foundation and all her other skeletons, but some voters actually can be swayed by one thing.

Death by a thousand cuts?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is what I'm talking about when I say the GOP needs to limit its outrage. Nobody will take you seriously if you turn everything into controversy.

I agree, Dexter.

It's understandable that her haircuts are going to cost more, when she must compensate ALL haircutters employed in the salon who must vacate the department...and perhaps even leave the building while she's there.

For example 4 haircutters erase/cancel 4 bookings each....plus her own stylist...that's an easy $600.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I'm sure it's not her own money here, but rather a travel/business expense.

....and saying her haircut looks like a $35 cut is being generous.   More like a Hair Cuttery style for $20.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald