Author Topic: Obama: If I Ran for a 3rd Term, 'I Could Win' 'I actually think I'm a pretty good president.'... Daniel Halper  (Read 2893 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/obama-if-i-ran-3rd-term-i-could-win_1000058.html

Obama: If I Ran for a 3rd Term, 'I Could Win'
'I actually think I'm a pretty good president.'
Daniel Halper
July 28, 2015 7:45 AM

In Africa today, President Obama said that he think he's a "pretty good president." So good, indeed, that if he ran for a third term, he "could win." But he cannot, he acknowledged, because it's against the law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEUAu3Ptf94

"I am in my second term," Obama said. "It has been an extraordinary privilege for me to serves as president of the United States. I cannot imagine a greater honor or a more interesting job. I love my work, but under our Constitution, I cannot run again. I can't run again. I actually think I'm a pretty good president. I think if I ran, I could win. But I can't. So there's a lot that I'd like to do to keep America moving, but the law is the law, and no one person is above the law, not even the president."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

under our Constitution, I cannot run again
Isn't it wonderful how much he respects the Constitution?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Come on, Barry.

If you think you're so "good", let Michelle run.  Go ahead.  Just do it!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You have a much stronger stomach than me if you can watch that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Isn't it wonderful how much he respects the Constitution?

Somehow his comments about if he ran for a 3rd term makes me want to puke; since when has the Constitution ever stopped him from doing what he wants to do?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:04:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

Nothing has stopped him thus far from doing whatever he wants regardless of the Constitutionality of it.

Why should this?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

He's a horrible president, and from all I can tell, a vile human being. However, I think he's right about winning a 3rd term. If he could run, he'd win easily. Americans are just that stupid.

Offline musiclady

He's a horrible president, and from all I can tell, a vile human being. However, I think he's right about winning a 3rd term. If he could run, he'd win easily. Americans are just that stupid.

Maybe this is where he just declares himself "emperor" and his minions cheer.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline PzLdr

Barry's powers of self-deception [and self-absorption] are truly awesome.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline MACVSOG68

I agree. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Longiron

Does not speak well for HILLARY. I,me,myself not the Clintions RUN the LIB party. GOOOOOOOOOO barry.
 :tongue2:

rangerrebew

Obama Thinks He’s ‘A Pretty Good President’

Brian Anderson 
July 28, 2015

Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Millard Fillmore, John Tyler, Herbert Hoover, Jimmy Carter…These men are generally considered the worst presidents the US has ever had for their boneheaded policies, lack of leadership, and the destruction they inflicted upon the country. Obama is worse than any of them and yet he thinks he’s doing a good job. Narcissism often results in an inflated opinion of self-worth.

While making his way across Africa, Obama took the time to slam the host nations of Kenya and Ethiopia as well as other parts of the continent. In a speech before the African Union, he was giving sh*t to the democratically elected president of Burundi who exceed the two-term limit. Obama was trying to make a point that no leader should overstay his or her welcome when he dropped this delusion-bomb:

“I actually think I’m a pretty good president. I believe if I ran again, I could win. But I can’t,” said Obama according to Fox News.

Really? He thinks he’s a pretty good president. Based on what? The stagnant economy? The historic low job participation rate? The bloated behemoth known as the Affordable Care Act? Maybe he thinks because the country is coming apart at the seems over racial tensions or the fact that his foreign policy incompetence has created global chaos that he’s doing all right. I don’t know. What measuring stick could he possibly be using to think that he’s doing even an adequate job as president?

Obama’s off-script speech actually managed to get funnier.

“I don’t understand why people want to stay so long, especially when they’ve got a lot of money,” Obama said of long-serving leaders.

First, this statement seems to indicate that Obama is wealthy, which ain’t bad for a guy that has never had a real job in his life. Sure, he made some money off of his mostly-fiction autobiography, but as politicians go, he doesn’t have that much money. No doubt he intends to rake it in Clinton-style by working the paid speech circuit and illegally and unethically lobbying on behalf of corporations and foreign governments.

The other message that comes through is that Obama doesn’t believe that being president is a job to serve the people. It’s just something rich people do to stroke their ego.

But wait, Obama’s stand-up routine still had more laughs to deliver.

“There’s still so much I want to get done to keep America moving forward. But the law is the law and no one is above it, not even presidents,” Obama said.

Take your pick here: the idea that Obama has moved America forward or that no one is above the law. I’ll go with the latter. Obama has no respect for the law. His presidency has been a quasi-dictatorship with him ruling the land through executive action, bypassing the Congress and ignoring the separation of powers. The lawlessness of his reign of terror will be fought in the courts long after he’s gone.

For Obama to question the legality of Burundi’s president is like Oprah Winfrey scolding a skinny person for making a second trip to the buffet.

Obama finished by saying he is looking forward to life after the White House because it will give him the opportunity to find “new ways to serve.” Well, he’s tried playing golf, endless fundraising, and making problems worse with divisive rhetoric and that hasn’t done any good. He’s bound to stumble upon a better way to serve the American people. In fact, the best thing he could possibly do for this country is to leave office, so this last statement is the only thing he said that was grounded in reality.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/obama-thinks-hes-a-pretty-good-president
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:01:51 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Republicans-conservatives ought to be thinking very hard about what it will take for them to have a future in American politics, in light of demographics and changing societal attitudes.

There was an initial flurry of recognition about that question following Romney's 2012 loss. It covered such things as Hispanics, for instance.

But all that has been forgotten, drowned out by the loud Trumpeting against Hispanics.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MACVSOG68

Republicans-conservatives ought to be thinking very hard about what it will take for them to have a future in American politics, in light of demographics and changing societal attitudes.

There was an initial flurry of recognition about that question following Romney's 2012 loss. It covered such things as Hispanics, for instance.

But all that has been forgotten, drowned out by the loud Trumpeting against Hispanics.

Unfortunately that continues to be a problem.  Republicans seem to fear countering Trump's simplistic message in spite of the years of growing chaos on the whole immigration issue.  The belief here and on other political sites that most Hispanic voters favor such tactics is naïve if not downright delusional. 

Perhaps we don't need the Hispanic voters as some say. I believe we do, as the trend towards Democrats has continually increased since George W won with around 44% in 2004.  The number of eligible Hispanic voters grew from 15 million in 2004 to over 23 million in 2012.  Obama received 71% of the Latino vote a heavily growing percentage voting for the Democrat.  This drop has coincided with the increasing hostility of Republicans to find a reasonable approach to the whole immigration issue.

We can ignore it as some have suggested, or we can search for ways to turn them on to conservatism.  Publicly denigrating them and threatening to mine the borders probably isn't one of the ways.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Unfortunately that continues to be a problem.  Republicans seem to fear countering Trump's simplistic message in spite of the years of growing chaos on the whole immigration issue.  The belief here and on other political sites that most Hispanic voters favor such tactics is naïve if not downright delusional. 

Perhaps we don't need the Hispanic voters as some say. I believe we do, as the trend towards Democrats has continually increased since George W won with around 44% in 2004.  The number of eligible Hispanic voters grew from 15 million in 2004 to over 23 million in 2012.  Obama received 71% of the Latino vote a heavily growing percentage voting for the Democrat.  This drop has coincided with the increasing hostility of Republicans to find a reasonable approach to the whole immigration issue.

We can ignore it as some have suggested, or we can search for ways to turn them on to conservatism.  Publicly denigrating them and threatening to mine the borders probably isn't one of the ways.

I think it's a lot more simple than that!  Actually DOING what you promised to do while campaigning would have helped a great deal but instead of doing that they have further eroded what little public trust they had! THAT is what will make them irrelevant! Nothing more than that!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Demographics should have nothing to do with what makes a thriving civil society of people free to pursue life, liberty, happiness.

Offline MACVSOG68

I think it's a lot more simple than that!  Actually DOING what you promised to do while campaigning would have helped a great deal but instead of doing that they have further eroded what little public trust they had! THAT is what will make them irrelevant! Nothing more than that!

Perhaps, but the facts about growth and voting records are nonetheless there.  Are you suggesting that if we take a tougher position on the borders and those illegals already here, that this continual move into the Democrat fold will turn itself around?

Offline MACVSOG68

Demographics should have nothing to do with what makes a thriving civil society of people free to pursue life, liberty, happiness.

Absolutely, but if a demographic group perceives a hostility toward it, that society will suffer, and the political party so perceived will suffer even more.

Offline aligncare

Absolutely, but if a demographic group perceives a hostility toward it, that society will suffer, and the political party so perceived will suffer even more.

But I think that demographic group is being played by race hustlers and Democrats, pardon the redundancy.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Perhaps, but the facts about growth and voting records are nonetheless there.  Are you suggesting that if we take a tougher position on the borders and those illegals already here, that this continual move into the Democrat fold will turn itself around?

I'm sure as hell suggesting that actually doing what you say you will do on the campaign trail will have a PROFOUND effect on that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
But I think that demographic group is being played by race hustlers and Democrats, pardon the redundancy.

Like a cheap fiddle at a barn dance!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PzLdr

Near as I can understand it, Trump's been yelling about ILLEGAL Hispanics. It appears you have conflated criminals to an entire ethnic group. Now, personally, if obtaining electoral power means kowtowing to criminals, maybe we [and the country] needs to re-think our priorities.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

Like a cheap fiddle at a barn dance!

Sour notes and all. Notes that apparently only us republican dogs can hear, as they don't seem to bother the dancers high stepping to the tune.

Offline MACVSOG68

FWIW, during all the immigration reform debates and brouhaha surrounding them in the past 10 years, a lot of pretty bad stuff was said, and not all on the Democrat side.

Offline MACVSOG68

I'm sure as hell suggesting that actually doing what you say you will do on the campaign trail will have a PROFOUND effect on that!

I think Trump's statements will have a profound effect on his nomination and if he should succeed, his election.  That's for sure.