Author Topic: Perry slams Trump: 'I am not going to go quietly'  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Perry slams Trump: 'I am not going to go quietly'
« on: July 27, 2015, 02:30:10 am »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2568986

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry slammed Donald Trump, a fellow Republican candidate for president, for his recent attacks on Perry's handling of illegal immigration at the Texas border.

Perry criticized "that type of casting aspersion, that kind of painting with such a broad brush when the facts don't back that up" on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday.

"We need a president of the United States who is going to bring this country together after six and a half years of a president that has divided this country," Perry said. "We don't need a Republican divider-in-chief."

Trump said Perry had done "a terrible job as the governor of Texas" when he visited a section of the U.S.-Mexico border near Laredo this week.

Perry shot back Sunday that he was "not going to go quietly" following Trump's personal attacks on his record. He blasted Trump for campaigning "in an almost reality-TV kind of way."

"What he is saying and what he is doing is not necessarily moving the cause of conservatism forward," Perry said.

Real Clear Politics has him in 11th place.  His record as Governor is better than Walker, Kasich, Bush, Cristie, Jindal or Huckabee's.  It will be a damn shame if Perry doesn't make the cut for the first debate.

Offline evadR

Re: Perry slams Trump: 'I am not going to go quietly'
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 02:34:37 am »
hmmm...he's the best of the best and he might not make the cut.
Something just doesn't add up.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 02:40:53 am »

Perry?  Perry screwed up badly last time.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 02:55:36 am »

It's that goddamned Trump. Idiot celebrity far right culture following a Democrat pied piper who is ardently pro-choice, pro gun control, and voted for Hillary Clinton.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:00:07 am »
Sarcasm..it's a difficult concept.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:17 am »

Oh. You were being sarcastic?  I wasn't. I'd vote for Rick Perry in a heartbeat. He was the best Texas governor of my lifetime.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 03:03:09 am »

Now given Texas' record under Perry, why would this be obvious sarcasm?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 03:04:39 am »
Florida Gov. did lousy job, Wisconsin Gov. did a lousy job, Texas Gov. did a lousy job. Etc.

Trump nonetheless filed bankruptcy several times, for heaven sakes.

He'll get some negative feedback at the debates.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 03:11:04 am »
Rick Perry is a good man. Not my first choice but I would vote for him over any Dim.
However, I find it hard to grasp that he is the best of the best and can't gain any traction. I would submit that he is NOT the best of the best and that he might not even make the cut.

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 03:21:14 am »

Those are your words not mine.  If you want to argue who has the best record as Governor, I'll defend Perry all day and all night, and I'll win.  If you want to point out that Trump, a man with no political record and a mixed public record, is at the top of the polls, you win.  :dammit:

A good record of public service is nice, but it doesn't necessarily factor in for all primary voters, and it matters little to the excitable mobs of populism, and the rat version of Rush's "operation chaos" that are fueling Trumps rise.

Offline evadR

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 03:31:55 am »
Those are your words not mine.  If you want to argue who has the best record as Governor, I'll defend Perry all day and all night, and I'll win.  If you want to point out that Trump, a man with no political record and a mixed public record, is at the top of the polls, you win.  :dammit:

A good record of public service is nice, but it doesn't necessarily factor in for all primary voters, and it matters little to the excitable mobs of populism, and the rat version of Rush's "operation chaos" that are fueling Trumps rise.

The only pointing out I would do with regard to Trump, despite his sky high poll numbers, is that he has tapped into the feelings of a large group of people that are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore. And in doing so, he has told what he would do to correct the problems.  The vast majority of Republicans are not doing that and it's turning voters against them.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 03:32:45 am »
Rick Perry was a VERY good governor for Texas for longer than anyone else ever has been but he is NOT a good campaigner and especially so when he allows himself to be led by political operatives in his employ. If he had been REALLY smart he would have stayed out of this and let it blow over without him having participated in it at all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 04:14:02 am »
The only pointing out I would do with regard to Trump, despite his sky high poll numbers, is that he has tapped into the feelings of a large group of people that are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore.

The anti-GOP message resonates with rats too.

And in doing so, he has told what he would do to correct the problems.  The vast majority of Republicans are not doing that and it's turning voters against them.

His solutions are not making it to my computer.  perhaps you could point me in the direction of his solution to Obamacare...last I heard it was single-payer...but that can't possibly be because any sane conservative would be laughing at him.  Amiright?

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 04:17:40 am »
Rick Perry was a VERY good governor for Texas for longer than anyone else ever has been but he is NOT a good campaigner and especially so when he allows himself to be led by political operatives in his employ. If he had been REALLY smart he would have stayed out of this and let it blow over without him having participated in it at all!

If everybody is talking Trump in the media...you kindda gotta talk Trump, but he doesn't have to attack Trump.  Perry could try praising Trump for his comments about how the economy rocks when rats run things but that seems just as risky.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 04:57:29 am »
The only pointing out I would do with regard to Trump, despite his sky high poll numbers, is that he has tapped into the feelings of a large group of people that are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore. And in doing so, he has told what he would do to correct the problems.  The vast majority of Republicans are not doing that and it's turning voters against them.

I like Perry, I think he did an excellent job as a governor and I'd vote for him.  However, you are absolutely correct - a very large group of people are mad as hell and Trump has tapped into those feelings and that has placed him in the top of the polls.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline evadR

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 12:22:34 pm »
And in doing so, he has told what he would do to correct the problems.  The vast majority of Republicans are not doing that and it's turning voters against them.

His solutions are not making it to my computer.  perhaps you could point me in the direction of his solution to Obamacare...last I heard it was single-payer...but that can't possibly be because any sane conservative would be laughing at him.  Amiright?

You're right...kinda. But the point for me is this: Trump's solutions may or may not be viable but he is putting them out there. And he is doing it in a forceful, believable manner. And the people that are mad as hell like what they hear.

That is the point about Trump and the WHY he is so popular. With the exception of a couple of others, no one else is doing that. The people, even the mushy, mindless middle, want something done....NOW.

I'll tell you something else that is baffling as hell.  I hear people say that if we have a rogue president, which we do, our only weapon is to defund his programs. Some of those people are on this forum.
I believed that canard until I did some research on it. If ANYONE can point me to a source that details how that process works, in the real world, I'd appreciate it very much.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 04:05:59 am »
evadR2 wrote above:
[[ That is the point about Trump and the WHY he is so popular. With the exception of a couple of others, no one else is doing that. The people, even the mushy, mindless middle, want something done....NOW. ]]

It's not the medium.
It's not the message.
It's not the messenger.

This time, it's something else.

What is it?

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 08:05:08 am »
I'll tell you something else that is baffling as hell.  I hear people say that if we have a rogue president, which we do, our only weapon is to defund his programs. Some of those people are on this forum.
I believed that canard until I did some research on it. If ANYONE can point me to a source that details how that process works, in the real world, I'd appreciate it very much.
Sorry.  Wasn't me saying we can defund anything without the support of the voters.  Get the voters to demand it and both parties will scramble to pass legislation.  From my perspective that is what happened when voters demanded and end to AFDC under Clinton, and later demanded a prescription drug benefit under Dubya.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 08:39:45 am »
I like Perry, I think he did an excellent job as a governor and I'd vote for him.  However, you are absolutely correct - a very large group of people are mad as hell and Trump has tapped into those feelings and that has placed him in the top of the polls.

It certainly can't be that orange poodle on his head and his carnival barker act that's turning people on. Please tell me it's not that. We're talking selecting a president, here. How would it look for Trump to be in a flight suit on a carrier deck?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:36:29 am by aligncare »

Offline evadR

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 08:36:07 pm »
Sorry.  Wasn't me saying we can defund anything without the support of the voters.  Get the voters to demand it and both parties will scramble to pass legislation. From my perspective that is what happened when voters demanded and end to AFDC under Clinton, and later demanded a prescription drug benefit under Dubya.
I understand but I'm still in a quandary about what powers voters have to get legislation passed. Seems to me like the voters made demands in 2014.  What legislation have both parties scrambled to pass?  Certainly nothing that I'm in favor of.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:44 pm »
I understand but I'm still in a quandary about what powers voters have to get legislation passed. Seems to me like the voters made demands in 2014.  What legislation have both parties scrambled to pass?  Certainly nothing that I'm in favor of.

Ted Cruz said it best when he said: "The McConnell-Reid Leadership Team Operates for One Party: The Washington Party!"

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 08:52:17 pm »
The district of Columbia gives the name 'Washington' a black eye.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 08:56:00 pm »
Ted Cruz said it best when he said: "The McConnell-Reid Leadership Team Operates for One Party: The Washington Party!"

Then perhaps Cruz can run for majority leader.  He would no doubt get an overwhelming response...of sorts.  ^-^
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 09:23:00 pm »
Then perhaps Cruz can run for majority leader.  He would no doubt get an overwhelming response...of sorts.  ^-^

Of course he would and it would be from full fledged members of the Washington Party!

Telling the TRUTH in Washington is a REVOLUTIONARY act!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 11:09:56 pm »
Of course he would and it would be from full fledged members of the Washington Party!

Telling the TRUTH in Washington is a REVOLUTIONARY act!

And was Cruz telling the whole truth when he feigned total surprise at something that apparently McConnell was saying he would do for months?

Perhaps since the American people are all with him, he could lead this revolution, and talk everyone into voting in "true conservatives".
It's the Supreme Court nominations!