Author Topic: White House says Cruz's anti-Iran deal rally was 'pro-war'  (Read 446 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
White House says Cruz's anti-Iran deal rally was 'pro-war'
« on: July 23, 2015, 11:16:42 pm »
Presidential press secretary Josh Earnest slammed an anti-Iran deal rally that Sen. Ted Cruz led outside the White House Thursday as "pro-war."

"I'm aware of the pro-war rally," Earnest said of Cruz's rally in Lafayette Park outside of the White House. Asked if he considers all opponents of the Iran deal "pro-war," Earnest said they can explain it for themselves.

He also mentioned one Republican who has said he would be prepared to "launch a military strike against Iran on Inauguration Day." Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has said that his promised tough stance on Iran might "very possibly" result in him striking Iran on his first day in office.

Cruz, a Texas Republican and candidate for the 2016 GOP nomination, spoke Thursday at a rally in Lafayette Park that was organized in opposition to the recent nuclear deal with Tehran.

At the rally, Cruz got into an argument with a Code Pink protester supporting the deal when he said the deal would lead to Iran getting a windfall in sanctions relief that Tehran would use to "kill Americans."

Over the weekend, Cruz said Iran deal would likely force the next president to "take direct military action" to prevent a nuclear catastrophe that "could cost the lives of millions of Americans."

Read more: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/white-house-says-cruzs-anti-iran-deal-rally-was-pro-war/article/2568859
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: White House says Cruz's anti-Iran deal rally was 'pro-war'
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:25:20 pm »
Cruz couldn't possibly be any more right in what he has said on this matter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:26:57 pm »
Not only right - a class act as well.

Pulled Code Pink's fangs nicely!  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »
Not only right - a class act as well.

Pulled Code Pink's fangs nicely!  :laugh:

Code Pink might as well put a hammer and sickle on their pink tee shirts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 12:11:11 am »
Cruz is Golden!   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.